The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Productivity and the Deficit

Productivity and the Deficit

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Considering that we are 5 months down the road from a Federal Election,and bearing in mind that this nation is now facing a situation where we are seeing a third generation of unemployed,
maybe it is time to start creating "incentives" to force these recalcitrent and habitual recipients of taxpayer funded relief,
to actually become employed and contribute to the country`s
Taxpayer revenue base?

I saw one household recently where a mother, son, son`s girlfriend and three other son`s mates were sitting around watching TV all day,
smoking questionable "baccy", all supported financially by the "system"!

I question why this is allowed to happen, and in how many other households is this commonplace across Australia?

We are hearing employers whingeing that they cannot get workers.
We see workers being brought here from othert countries at taxpayers expense, to perform menial tasks such as fruit-picking and the like.
We have a financial system that is drowning in debt, and due partially to all the ridiculous hand-outs to people who believe it is their God-given right to bludge their way through life, and give nothing in return. We are seeing employed females who choose to have a baby, recieving ludicrous maternity benefits and paid maternity leave, again at the expense of the system and the employers.

When are we all going to accept responsibility for our own actions, and accept the hard cruel fact that nobody is entitled to something for nothing?

Nobody should be unempoyed in this day and age, and if preferred to be so, then "incentives" to find work should be applied, evn if it means cleaning the sides of the roads!
Posted by Crackcup, Sunday, 28 April 2013 10:17:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Crackup, it is all due to the do gooders having too much say amd our leaders soft cock approach.

I doubt anything can ever stop it, but I do suggest that quarantining of welfare dollars will go a Long way towards stopping much of the waste.

But hey, anything I suggest sees me tagged as a dole recipient hater.

The other problem we have is the benefits many who are employed also get, as something in the order of 42% of tax payers, actually receive more back in welfare than they pay in tax.

So putting that into prospective, this means that a little over half of all tax payers, pick up the slack, and pay the bills.

Another problem is that these layabouts also get to vote.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 28 April 2013 2:12:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Crackup,

Those you describe are not just unemployed, they are unemployable. What employer would put his business at risk by paying them good money to jerk you around?

Sadly, our social and educational values have failed them. I do feel sorry for them because we should never forget that they are a product of our current system.

I have no idea how these people might be rehabilitated or if it is even possible however, I would very much like to look at the educational and social issues that produced them. That said can you imagine the reaction from our academic social engineers and teachers to such a suggestion?

Oooh! Don’t think I would like to go there without a small tactical nuclear device under my arm eh?
Posted by spindoc, Sunday, 28 April 2013 3:10:34 PM
I agree with spindoc.
Not a strange thing for a unionist to say, these mostly leaches do not want work.
It has been so for near 45 years.
We are not facing mass unemployment.
The truth is most just do every thing they can, to avoid working.
Unfortunately dole is a prop for full time thieves.
I highlight this truth because those truly in need one day may not get it, because we failed them, in not going for the throat of the Dunny Rodents
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 28 April 2013 4:59:47 PM
Here here Belly, well said!
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 28 April 2013 6:09:46 PM
Why not deal with the problem with a Jobs Guarantee, as proposed by economist Bill Mitchell?

http://bilbo.economicoutlook.net/blog/?p=1541

http://www.cfeps.org/pubs/wp-pdf/WP39-MitchellWray.pdf

According to Roy Morgan research, real unemployment is 10%, on top of an 8% underemployment rate. The welfare and social costs of the unemployment/underemployment are enormous. In Prof. Mitchell's plan, instead of providing welfare, the government would act as the employer of last resort, paying the minimum wage, much as Roosevelt did during the Great Depression in the US. As Prof Mitchell says, there is good evidence that most of the unemployed want to work, while the underemployed say that they want more hours. The real bludgers, assuming that they are not mentally ill, could be offered several different types of work. If they still refuse to take an offer, they could then be given a place in a camp where they would be given a bed, basic clothing, a cheap, but nutritionally adequate diet, and health care, but no money at all. The attractions of not working would soon wane. Single mothers whose youngest child has turned eight or who become pregnant again while on welfare could be offered childcare plus a minimum wage job.
Posted by Divergence, Sunday, 28 April 2013 6:23:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy