The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Will Climate change impact on the election.

Will Climate change impact on the election.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. All
mhaze,

"...craving for power...just power for its own sake."

Seems to be a bit of that about.

You may well remember Tony Abbott's immortal words to Tony Windsor when he was attempting to woo him (according to Tony Windsor):

"I will do anything, Tony, to get this job; the only thing I wouldn't do is sell my arse."

(Well that's something I suppose:)
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 29 March 2013 1:20:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

In simple terms - from earliest days prices rose,
salaries increased, businesses wanted more profit,
prices rose, profits rose, salaries increased,
and the cycle continued.

In the 1960s people were happy with a few thousand
dollars of salary. Today, one hundred thousand isn't
enough for some.

There was no carbon tax sixty years ago and the prices
were rising.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 29 March 2013 1:32:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Poirot,

Mr Abbott may not have been prepared to
"sell his ar*e" but he was prepared to sell
whatever else he could:

Taken from The Australian:

"Independent Andrew Wilkie angered senior Coalition
powerbrokers who felt betrayed after Mr Wilkie rejected
an offer from Tony Abbott that would see the
Tasmanian MPs local hospital receive $1 billion.
Coalition frontbenchers were furious that they had been
snookered by Mr Wilkie who labelled the Opposition
leader's offer as over the top and irresponsible."
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 29 March 2013 1:47:38 PM
Poirot Lexi, perhaps you had not heard, it's a national body that sets the price of power, not the state governments, whether or not they own the generator companies.

It is time to catch up girls, all Europe, except perhaps for the silly poms, are shouting it was all a con. Global warming is dead, dead, dead. It will never rise again. When they couldn't find enough shovels to dig themselves out of the ice, for the fifth year running, it has kind of opened their eyes.

In the very near future you will see that fool Obama forced to stop lining the pockets of his alternative energy financiers. Yes they have bought & paid for him, along with the radical ratbag greenies, but if he's not careful he'll end up in the slammer. Even a president can only go so far.

So girls, forsake the dark side. Come & join us on the clean side, & smell the fresh air. Hell it might even renew your optimism for a great future, with the lights on.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 29 March 2013 3:31:32 PM
<Labor swamped by that sinking feeling

When a senior minister was asked a few days ago to nominate any circumstances that could rescue the Gillard government from catastrophe in September, he offered up one scenario that might offer some hope.

"If the Liberal Party stages a coup and replaces Malcolm Turnbull with Tony Abbott. And that ain't gonna happen." Pretty funny, hey?>

There is no chance that random threads posted on OLO speculating change will further that vain wish. Try the Tooth Fairy.
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 29 March 2013 3:50:13 PM
onthebeach, your rude comments tell me you know little about the issues I highlighted.
Keep your pet dog well chained up, if it leaves home the average IQ drops steeply in your home.
Lexi I am well aware my posts stretch our friendship.
But too that you are having trouble seeing a truth, we are a well beaten side, thanks to Gillard, sad? yes but truth will out.
Now look at the category,s I put us in, before many posts had been made.
Ignore them if you must.
But each category has its believers, the anti global warming is in last place.
Polls here in the only country we live in,holding an election this year, tell us, most want action.
Now will Abbott,s plan work, we are not seeing a vote to do nothing.
Both sides claim in policy,s marked out, they seek the same reduction.
Will Abbott,s work, will tax payers after the next cyclone or weather event, look closer at it.
Liberals are going to win this election.
Those saying I am trying to pick a leader are better reviewing their own understanding, not mine.
I am putting this point, Turnbull wants the free enterprise trading system.
Most of those places, increasing every year, acting against emissions, are using that system.
If we get a late cyclone , east coast low, extreme weather before the election, will voters right or wrong , if the believe it is true for them, see Turnbull lead to a massive victory not Abbott to a just past the post one.
The fact is informed readers will understand, just as they have views, quite different to most or the same voters do too.
The Gillard is a lier mob here fail to grasp the intent of the thread.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 29 March 2013 3:55:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. All