The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > All poison peddlers need to be held accountable.

All poison peddlers need to be held accountable.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. 33
  13. All
Austin,
Csteele hates "us" too --he's just looking for allies.
Posted by SPQR, Tuesday, 5 March 2013 11:19:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Left criticise religion, but they use the same storytelling to sermonise as any preacher. When the facts are not there and you want the audience to suspend their critical judgement, there is nothing better than storytelling with strong emotional appeal.

In other walks of life it is called hard sell: using the psychological levers that make us human to persuade the prospect to make a quick sale.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 5 March 2013 11:38:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry for the absence.

Firstly thank you to OLO and Matt Bisset-Johnson for the cartoon on the front page. It hit the mark beautifully. For future readers here is the link.
http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/images/cartoon/main-page/20130304_bissettjohnson.jpg

Dear George,

You asked if I was “against the language used, with all its expletives, or the message, or both”. The expletives did not bother me, in fact to a small degree they defused what was being said. It is when these sentiments are expressed in a cool manner such as a manifesto that they become even more troubling.

So yes it is the message that we should be exterminating people that I am against, justifiably so I would have thought though you may have a different take.

However, and this is definately a selfish perspective, I deeply resent that this has reared its head in my small country community. For some reason until it presents on your door step you have the ability to downplay its impact. But it is making its way into the fabric of my society and those who are spreading its message need to be confronted and condemned.

We still have little reason to lock our car doors or often our homes, feel perfectly okay with letting our children walking to school by themselves and have little if any racial stresses here.

Now I have to contemplate the fact that there are those within my community who wish this gentleman harm purely for the reason that he is a Muslim. That the places I feel more than comfortable with being in at what ever time may now present a danger to he and his wife.

This I what I am railing against.

Dear Phillip S,

I am not going to dissect each of your conflated facts, nor your half truths nor or your outright lies on this thread. If you wanted to start another I undertake to come and do so there.

You sir are a poisoner.

Cont..
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 5 March 2013 1:25:50 PM
Cont..

Dear Belly,

Thank you for your contribution. I think we have taken enough skin off each other over the years here so forgive me if I don't engage your points directly.

Dear Paul1405,

If I am not upsetting Phillip S then I am not doing my job.

Dear SPQR,

If you had bothered to properly read this thread you would have seen the person I referred to was not an anonymous avatar but some one living close with whom members of my family have had regular contact.

As you were part of the conversation back then you know full well I condemned the holding up of the placard.

Dear pepper,

Yep, jingoistic clap trap is just what we need.

In England this is what Muslim writers say of Choudary.

“Our sensationalist and irresponsible media has, in fact, been deeply complicit in the rise and rise of this fanatic, devoting quite disproportionate and counter-productive coverage to his various rantings. Is Choudary an Islamic scholar whose views merit attention or consideration? No. Has he studied under leading Islamic scholars? Nope. Does he have any Islamic qualifications or credentials? None whatsoever. So what gives him the right to pontificate on Islam, British Muslims or "the hellfire"? Or proclaim himself a "sharia judge"? Will he even manage to round up enough misfits to carry the 500 coffins with him? I doubt it – Choudary and co couldn't even persuade enough people to join a "march for sharia" that they had proudly planned to hold in central London in late October, and, at the very last minute, had to humiliatingly withdraw from their own rally. Pathetic, eh?”

You instead have him at the vanguard of some huge conspiracy of 'Islamic stealth'. The term w##ker seems emminately appropriate for you both.

Cont..
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 5 March 2013 1:27:19 PM
Cont..

Dear Bazz,

With respect I think the point you have missed is that those who are agitating here always feel the need to import the issues from other countries. As I stated in my original post a self inflated crackpot talking to a group of 30 people half a world away has caused a local lad to go off his nana. Just look at many of the examples quoted from above and you will find them imported. The importation of Geert Wilders to further inflame our aggrieved is just an extension of this. Why can't idiots like him take his poison just leave us the hell alone?

Dear Froggie,

You said;

“wholesale immigration of people who have little appreciation of democracy and freedom.”. Oh come on mate, that sounds as if it has been read of a cue card. The rest of your post was reasonable but then you trot this out? Hell!

Dear AP,

You asked;

“csteele, by 'poison peddlers; do you include all those who shout 'death to the infidel' and similar hate-threats?”

Damn straight I do. They need to seriously pull their heads in. I don't want either version, your or theirs, poisoning my society.

And no you clown he did not make me eat Halal. I will say though the way he cooks a steak is dynamite. I had three at the last sitting. Bloody magnificent.

Dear onthebeach,

?

Dear gentlemen,

Exclusively so I think. You may have got a toehold in my community but you are little better than those you condemn. You inflate perceived international injustices to incite fear and loathing in my country. You vilify, denigrate, spread half truths and outright lies, and call for drastic isolationist measures. Perhaps you will ultimately take the day but I have enough faith in what it means to be an Australian, to be believe in fairness, and justice, and inclusion, that there will be enough fellow citizens who will reject the poison you are peddling and see you exposed for who you are.
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 5 March 2013 1:28:53 PM
This subject, in different forms, aways gets heated.
Some place left of Philip s RANTS,and to the right of csteele,s cuddle them all, middle Australia can be found.
We, I inhabit the latter, have concerns, not racist, well not as much as the filth sending those letters.
But we are perplexed, what chance, if I felt the need to, of me living in say Egypt, [put and Muslim country there if you will, damning the locals, constantly interfering with their rights to? be as they wish in their own country!
Lets look, at the fish hook this thread is.
So poor old csteele wants to control what is said on social media?
What? end our freedom to say as we wish?
Best go live in that part of the world that did not fight, and die, for freedom csteele.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 5 March 2013 2:31:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. 33