The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > All poison peddlers need to be held accountable.

All poison peddlers need to be held accountable.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. All
Lexi: I'm back from hospital recovering from a most unpleasant procedure.

Well Lexi, not to be outdone I, too, have just come back from hospital from an unpleasant procedure. Although not of the same category.

I just chopped the top off my left ring finger with a Jointer, sort of large upside down Electric Woodwork Plane. The trouble was I was being overly careful. It's fine at the moment. We'll see in the morning. It'll take about 6 months to heal. I lost the nail & the tuft, which is the top half of the little bone at he end of the finger. Now don't go weak in the knees, it's fine. It makes typing somewhat difficult though.

Change of pace with a little Aussie humour.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 9:28:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don't really care who the victim is but damn I hate a bully, always have always will.

Dear Philip S

That was not a link. Leaving aside the fact that Google returns search results often skewed by an individual's search history so someone may well have a different link at the top of their page, a link is something one can click. You are the one making the claim about the 85% and it is incumbent on you to furnish the source. While we don't require Harvard referencing citations on this forum it is good manners and good practice to at least provide a click-able link.

I managed it, so should you.

Dear Jayb,

Don't like hearing of anyone hurt so commiserations. Sounds bloody painful. I've had a few close shaves on the 3 phase panel saw, one that had me really spooked. These things happen so quickly.

As to my Lexi inspired acquiescence to answer your questions consider it now done and dusted.
Posted by csteele, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 10:32:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
csteele - The search info gave the url as the first link, you found it easy enough, Belly did not even try he just came back with this quote "I fancy no evidence can be found to support you claims. And that mate is providing me evidence of your extremist views." EVEN THOUGH THE INFORMATION WAS DIRECTLY BELOW HIS COMMENT.

Your whole argument above just defies logic as the search has the link first, maybe it is more a case of you thought you may be able to appease another poster by attacking me, like usual you fail.

Quote "Don't really care who the victim is but damn I hate a bully, always have always will." Try looking in a mirror you may find one. Also Belly attacked me first so that makes him the bully.

I personally hate people who post comments like this one of yours when in fact you know nothing about me. Quoting you "Dear Philip S, Do you beat your wife?"

As stated before having a discussion with you is like talking to a brick wall.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 10:50:17 PM
Dear Mr Steele
Thank you for your response. Sorry for the delay in mine. You asked whether I would be happy to accept Christian Serbian people into Australia. I would certainly be happy to accept those that weren't involved in the activities you describe. An important proviso would be that they don't bring their ancient enmities with them. Or at least don't manifest them in Australia. This is a prime example where Australia must give careful consideration to whom they allow into this country. We don't want a country where there are enclaves of people who refuse to learn the language, and refuse to adopt the Australian way of life. Multiculturalism often means that people have been encouraged to maintain their own culture, but not to integrate themselves into Australia. The Greeks, Italians, Dutch, Vietnamese have all maintained their culture but nevertheless have integrated, by and large, into the Australian identity. The culture of most immigrants allows them to integrate, but as I said before, the Islamic culture seems to prevent this, unless the person themselves, renounces in some way, Islamic precepts. I think we should be happy to accept anyone who is willing and able to adopt the Australian way of life.
The following is an example of non-integration, once again from the UK: http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/03/sexual-segregation-at-a-ucl-event-a-scandal-say-students
Posted by Froggie, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 7:00:44 AM
This article should be read, in the context of this discussion:

http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2013/01/muslim-patrols-are-a-sign-of-things-to-come
Posted by Froggie, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 7:08:00 AM
Philip s you appear by your own posts to be a hot headed right wing fool.
Just as dangerous in my view as csteele from the oposite side.
You spit and sling at me and as a result I have no need to insult you, your words have done it for me.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 13 March 2013 8:34:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. All