The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > When will the mania stop?

When will the mania stop?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
The Australian 2013
>> Eighty asylum seekers will be questioned by police hunting a man over an alleged sexual assault on a female student at Macquarie University as concerns are raised over housing asylum seekers in student accommodation.
The man was described as being aged 20-25, with a thin build, dark skin and dark short curly hair.<<

The Telegraph 2013
>> A detention centre staffer who has worked at Christmas Island and Villawood has been hospitalised in Sydney with the potentially lethal infection tuberculosis (TB).
The woman is believed to have been stationed at Christmas Island for 18 months before recently moving to Sydney, where she developed symptoms of the disease leading to her hospitalisation two weeks ago.
It is not the first case of front line workers falling ill with six Customs staff coming down with TB, caught from asylum seekers intercepted on boats, three years ago. <<

Where are our health departments and where are our security agencies?
Who the hell decided that it was in any way reasonable to place 80 foreign men whose identity and past are completely unknown in a dormitory adjacent to a female dormitory?
The Labor government is to blame, but if because of bureaucratic pressure the health departments and police departments did not employ duty of care it is corruption by coercion and people should be jailed for it.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 24 February 2013 1:57:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SOG we differ, on almost every thing.
Only the past you tell us of, and my fondness of the mad but brave Irish keeps us talking.
But I agree with your thoughts here, the PC monster rules.
Not common sense.
Opponents to my view, that Labor seems to reward those it puts in to the community.
Avoids a truth, An almost certain in coming Liberal government, while unable to fore fill its promise, stop the boats near instantly.
Will be much harde3r on them, I believe others may have been involved in this sick act.
But protest the feather bedding of these folk.
Another truth, unavoidable, is Labor voters in equal numbers, like it or not, want an end to boats.
Now as a labor supporter, I think Liberals will get the job done, even use as they surely must, the return ticket Malaysian sure bet stop measure, but in doing so, as Howard did, win swi8nging voters to their camp for decades, unfairly but true.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 24 February 2013 3:52:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nice to see the Governments hiding places (for refugees) will start to come out, bet VERY few if any people were told about accommodating them there.

If it turns out to be one of them she should sue the Government for millions, after all there first priority is to protect there own citizens first.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 24 February 2013 3:59:57 PM
Quote "But it emerged the village was a participant in the government's taxpayer-funded, Red Cross-run program, housing asylum seekers for stays of up to six weeks under the bridging visa scheme."

This statement further proves what I have been saying for a long time the GOVERNMENT IS HIDING the real cost of these people by having charities look after them BUT at taxpayer expense.

Bring on the election.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 24 February 2013 4:13:00 PM
stop the boats near instantly.
Belly,
You always feign indignation when one of us takes a dig at you but for crying out loud, can't you see what you're writing ? Stop the boats instantly ? Are you insane ? After so many years of open gates you now expect the Coalition to stop all the rorts, corruption, incompetence, immoral activities of your beloved Labor, to put full stop to it in the blink of an eye ? The Coalition won't get enough time to rectify all this before the next lot of ignorant & indoctrinated school leavers outnumber us at the election. If Labor agrees to get all Labor supporting teachers out of the class room we might have a chance but I'm afraid the indoctrination & dumbing down will continue in our schools because Labor relies on those votes.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 February 2013 5:26:18 PM
I'm assuming that migrants convicted of criminal offences are being deported. Or is that too much to expect?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 24 February 2013 5:42:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy