The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > In My Country

In My Country

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 54
  7. 55
  8. 56
  9. Page 57
  10. 58
  11. 59
  12. All
Poirot thanks!
But you should get out more, try local club pub or sporting field.
Finding it so very hard to understand /believe you are hearing these view for the first time, and from me.
I have no defense, yes my thoughts are racist in this matter.
I believe if these folk had no different religion, so did not need to be different.
And did not want us and our people/country to bend, we would have no problems.
See the actions, the separatism, the hate for us, are all driven by a belief that may as well be in Micky Mouse, it is a fraud, non believers should be ashamed of thoughts like yours, not mine.
You are a bit of a giggle.
No matter what charge you throw at me,you are blind to the fact worse comes, every day, from world wide or western infiltrating, MUSLIMS.
You found my third post, links to the beheading of a servant,offensive but not the act.
It comes down to this,I am convicted twice.
For posting what actions these folk have done.
And what others think of them.
And for behaving, in your view as bad as some of those Saintly folk do.
I am unimpressed and unlikely to ever be moved by blind mother like defense of behavior and views from these folk that would see me killed in the bigoted countrys they came from.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 11 January 2013 6:10:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

"You found my third post, links to the beheading of a servant, offensive but not the act."

Good one, Belly.....nothing like a strawman first thing in the morning.

Who wouldn't find such an act offensive?

My point is that every morning you go haring about searching for offensive stories related to Islam....when you match that by posting offensive stories related to other religions and races, then I'll give your attitude a bit more credence.

Last week I read a story about a New York woman who pushed an Indian man off a platform into the path of a train, killing him. He was just a stranger who happened to be standing in front of her on the platform. She did it because she thought he was a Muslim and "she hates Muslims".

I didn't bother posting it in this illustrious thread because that's exactly the sort of thing you do to push your line. What about all the other hideous human actions in the Australia or the rest of the world this week that aren't related to your hobby horse? It's very easy to cherry-pick like you do, it's the tactic of those who are pushing a line and who deperately require a bit of pumped-up veracity.

Btw, of course I've heard people bang on like you, but I've not been in communication with them. Watching you spit this stuff out ad nauseam "is" fascinating.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 11 January 2013 6:58:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Enjoyed the levity, SPQR… showed "if someone on the left…" to some of my upstairs staff who found it "most amusing, sir."

Odd way to frame an argument, though, throwing Belly's linked citation(s) back in his face.

"Likewise, if someone on the left reads something –provided it appears to support their misconceptions–it has similar validatory force"

Since your idea of not requiring independent evidence before treating what anyone writes or says as an untrue fabrication – just because it was published – is a new concept to me; I'll start by treating your comments as such until I get used to such a conceit. Thanks for the warning.
Posted by WmTrevor, Friday, 11 January 2013 8:11:31 AM
SPQR,

"Likewise if someone on the left reads something-provided it appears to support their misconceptions-it has similar validatory force".

Yo...tell me how this does not apply to Belly and his mania for hunting down despicable stories related to Islam...or yours for that matter?

It's called confirmation bias - and Belly reckons if he can splash enough stories here of humans acting atrociously - and tag them as Muslims - then that means his attitude is validated. The fact that he overlooks all the other stories of humans acting atrociously, of course is apparently beside the point.

Belly's whole extended tirade here has been one looooooong exercise in the confirmation of his bias towards Muslims.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 11 January 2013 8:37:00 AM
MWTrevor
<<Odd way to frame an argument, though, throwing Belly's linked citation(s) back in his face>>

It was your interpretation that was the problem:
Ikebal Patel said …
Robert McClelland said …
Therefore, there is nothing to worry about.

Even Poirot is not that gullible (after all, neither Patel nor McCelland are “climate scientists"!)

Poirot,
<< Last week I read a story about a New York woman who pushed an Indian man off a platform into the path of a train, killing him. He was just a stranger who happened to be standing in front of her on the platform. She did it because she thought he was a Muslim and "she hates Muslims">>

It would be a safe bet though, that she didn’t do it because she read in her holy book it would earn and place in heaven replete with 40 randy toyboys!

Belly is to be admired for having the courage to make a stand.

If the ALP wants to turn around its electoral prospects it should put a few like him at the top of its senate ticket.
Posted by SPQR, Friday, 11 January 2013 9:34:02 AM
Apologies Trevor,
I mispelt your name. It should read WMTrevor NOT MWTrevor
(For some strange reason I always associate you with Malware (MW))
Posted by SPQR, Friday, 11 January 2013 9:39:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 54
  7. 55
  8. 56
  9. Page 57
  10. 58
  11. 59
  12. All