The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > In My Country

In My Country

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 57
  9. 58
  10. 59
  11. All
The article states that the Grand Mufti of Australia does not accept the comments from the Imam about Christmas , so I think he must be a 'rogue' Muslim. However, in our country he is still entitled to his opinion.

I doubt that any religion can claim they don't have any loose cannons amongst their leaders or believers.

We have been a multicultural country ever since Europeans settled here and took over from Aboriginal Australians as the dominant culture and religion of this country.

That is what Australia is Belly... a diverse country of many different beliefs and cultures.
No religion or culture is any better or worse than any of the others.
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 23 December 2012 10:39:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If there's a segment of society that doesn't want to celebrate one or more of our traditional holidays then let 'em. So what?

Why it has to be turned into a big deal is instructive of some people looking for conflict where none ought exist. We have quite enough problems with those who don't accept and/or adhere to our mores without seeking to manufacture fake issues.

On the other hand, I wonder what would happen if some second tier Anglican minister came out and said wishing another "happy Ramadan" was a worse sin that killing a soul (whatever that means). I suspect the love media would hyperventilate and the press council/discrimination board would be in overload for months.

This could also be good for the economy. With all these people rejecting the holidays, they'll undoubtedly be available to work on the 25th because it'd a sin to celebrate the infidel's holiday in any way. They wouldn't want to be hypocritical about their strongly held views....would they?
Posted by mhaze, Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:11:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Susie,
Australia is not a multicultural country. We are multi-racial.

We do not make seperate laws for differing cultures. Our society and governance is based on the Westminster system. Our defence forces, police, education, health and local government are similarly based. Our social standards, manners and language all stem from the UK.

We accept certain aspects of other cultures but also many are not tolerated and some are outlawed. Honour killings, forced marriage and bullfighting are some examples. Some foods are also not allowed here.

It is a furphy to think that all various cultures will get along with each other. Some immigrants come here with deep seated hatreds of others and with some strong alien cultural ways, this is handed down from generation to generation. Some have no respect for our society and contempt for our laws.

We should recognize that some people of some cultures simply will not integrate and, in the interests of social harmony, we should exclude these people from coming here. There is nothing to suggest that differing cultures will get on any better in Aus, than they do in other countries.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:23:53 AM
Thank you to all and the best festive season to each of you.
GY has taken an interesting look at the direction I started the thread heading, and one I bow to, it is true.
However there is room for my views too.
First Let me again put my view, Multi Cultures is not a true description of Muslim Lebanese Migration.
Any about to lambaste all other cultures as the problem, or unwanted need look now further than the GREAT ww2 Migration, at 67 years of age I grew up with those folk.
Yes we had problems, and them with us, out right racism from us to them, was returned by some.
And remember no Asian Aussies?
How could I forget! every road side sign had it written on it.
Our job was to remove it, my boss, not being funny, covered the writing EXACTLY, WITH WHITE PAINT, laugh! WE SURE DID
I will never except Islam as other than an oppressive woman controlling religion.
Crafted to divide not unite.
Forgive me or not I know not all, but too many of them wear the head scarf and the walking letter box style, to show us they are different.
A post script, my recent behavior is still me, not anew thing, I am what I am.
I submit my words against my party its current troubles as evidence I care.
But some true rubbish is being put in to print here.
No need exists to make it up,ample evidence Labor is in trouble can be found without manufacturing it.
Let us hope no one is shot in Sydney over the festive season.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 23 December 2012 12:33:09 PM
China, look at it from a theist’s perspective, especially the head theist, the Grand Mufti. He can’t have his team going to the other team’s victory party. What he said is ethically correct in Islamic terms.

But your point in posting was to example the divide and hostility that Islam brings to a host nation of imbeciles, such as Australia. Yes they despise us, yes they would subjugate us if they had the numbers and we did not convert to Islam, and they will get the numbers.

Peter Costello’s quote of ''one for mum, one for dad and one for the country'' comes to mind because the mindset of some Muslims is ten for the dole and three for Jihad, and that is a serious comment.

Every second night they shoot up the "south west" of Sydney. Every second night it is an Arab descendant who did it. We have the Plebian Arabs dominating drug dealing, violent crimes and the bloody outlaw bike clubs to top it off. Then we have the Patrician Arabs such as Obeid corrupting parliament and becoming the White Collar Crime Vizier of NSW.

Belly Semites do not play well with others, they are culturally insular and within that culture they are tribally insular. It is a societal trait that does not erode when transplanted. Then you add Islam into the equation and you have a fifth column just waiting to hit critical mass. More cultures have been destroyed by attrition than warfare.

Just to spice it up Belly my china, these Islamists are like your Fabian lot. They have a fifth column in all the first worlds’ governments and academia. Just a thought.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 23 December 2012 1:11:08 PM
Banjo "Australia is not a multicultural country. We are multi-racial."

No Banjo, we are both multi-cultural and multi-racial, and I think Australia does this better than any other country.

If you say we are only one true culture, then that should be the first culture here - the Australian Aboriginal culture. Surely you cannot discount their culture?
Then add this to the cultures Europeans and other colonial settlers brought with them, and there you have multiculturalism from the very start!

We have learnt from the mistakes of other countries and Australia is a more peaceful place because of this.
If you want to follow the Christian example, then love thy neighbor...
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 23 December 2012 1:37:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 57
  9. 58
  10. 59
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy