The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Merry Christmyth from the Atheist Foundation of Australia

Merry Christmyth from the Atheist Foundation of Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 36
  7. 37
  8. 38
  9. Page 39
  10. 40
  11. 41
  12. 42
  13. ...
  14. 72
  15. 73
  16. 74
  17. All
Ozspen,

Your son just confirmed what my brother told me. Brother is such a busy man I don't like taking him away from his business long enough to answer what to him are such easy questions, so am not progressing quickly enough for my liking in understanding this [for me] new way of interacting with this machine.
I have nobody else to ask when I don't understand little things which keep happening. As I said, somehow I deleted my first reply to you, and still can't understand if I hit a wrong key somewhere.

Really need time to explore further, but time is precious in my life as I care for my partner who has cancer. That in itself is a full time job which takes preference over 'me' time.

Yes, I will still read the posts, having decided that despite some disparaging comments made by certain Forum members to my own posts, in general it appears there are enough good discussions put forth to warrant my continuuing interest. So it is easy for me to mostly disregard those people who lower the tone - offer no constructive theories, and are abusive to some other members.

I've been told this is called cyber bullying, and want no part of it.
Posted by worldwatcher, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 1:14:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
worldwatcher,

Some of the posters have shown suspicion that all was not well with your story and they have a reasonable right to think that way as this kind of thing does happen intentionally.

There was a recent ‘incident’ on the Religion do we need it thread. You will notice I was waiting for the evidence and made no such accusations.

I think there are grounds to accept you are ‘a babe in the woods’ with computers and we forget this episode and move on. You will get the hang of it eventually. :))

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 4:25:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ozpen/ww
Cyber bulling?
Answer this simple question Arther Fonzerel [the Fonz never said sorry]What did GRAHAM TELL YOU?
if as I think he asured you he NEVER PASSED YOUR E MAIL ON.
Why have you not said sorry I got it wrong?
I have often.
BOTH OF YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THIS!
Inferring this,our country,s number one such site, did that, is no minor thing.
So easy to fix, even get some good feelings by being honest!
A foundation I think you have been put upon here and show remarkable coolness in not persueing it further.
Some thing is wrong here,it will in time be seen, a mistake is so easy and even easier to fix but be careful.
Something about ww is wrong and in my view far better experts than I should be able to convince both cc is nothing other than a way to send to more people without their names appearing on thee mail.
I treat, still strongly defending the site and DEMANDING WW tell us if GY did not assure him it never happened!
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 5:41:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“That is not evidence of supernatural reality. That is evidence that a myriad of people report supernatural experience.”

The usual semantic games.
So people's personal experiences aren't “evidence” of anything? Really?

What “evidence” is there of anything? That you exist?
It's all personal experience, even “scientific” experiments.
Modern physics has even shown that the OBSERVER affects the outcome!
You cannot excise subjective human experience from anything, even science.

“But to claim “no aliens exists” because you don't see any evidence would be preposterous!.”

“Who is making that claim?”

I never said they were. I am making a *comparison* to the atheists who claim “no gods exists” because they don't see any evidence.
You are the one who made the analogy with aliens in the first place, not me.
If you can't even follow your own logic, don't speak.

“They could be mistaken, deluded and yes, or liars.”

And? So what?
You could be mistaken or deluded. Why the need for "foundations" opposing other people's possible folly?
Why the need to rubbish their special day?

“they wouldn't follow what they consider are false claims by you. They are called every other religion except Christianity.
Then, why did you ‘choose’ the one you are now defending?”

I'm not making any claims, you just presume I'm Christian, because I criticise atheists.
You're the one who brought up the “if Jesus was God” hypothesis, not me. I merely responded to that.

“Please read what I have said about....”

I can't be bothered any more.
Posted by Shockadelic, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 6:36:30 PM
David,

<<The good thing is that like rust, the material rusting eventually rots away to nothing. We are seeing this demonstrated with Christianity now. Even though the flaying around is palpable, within a couple of generations religion will be a negligible and powerless part of society.>>

With this statement, you are promoting falsehood. You have demonstrated your and the Atheist Foundation of Australia's ignorance about the growth of Christianity worldwide that is happening NOW: http://www.whychurch.org.uk/worldwide.php
Posted by OzSpen, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 7:11:46 PM
Shockadelic,

“The usual semantic games. So people's personal experiences aren't “evidence” of anything? Really?”

Yes, that’s correct and it has nothing to do whatsoever with semantics. It may be real or real to people who have an experience but others are not obliged to accept that as true. This is very simple stuff. Indoctrinating children with personal experience as though it is true, is very bad ethics. No one knows if the personal experience is true, a delusion, or a lie. And there is no way to work out which.

You are misrepresenting science. It is known that the observer interferes with the experiments especially in quantum mechanics. That does not discount all of science if that is what you are saying. Leaving me guessing with your statements is the sign of a confused mind.

Please don’t infer that I am not following logic and what I have supposedly said. Read it again. I find that annoying you do this.
I have not rubbished anybody’s day. I’m giving another opinion. I am not stating anything to be deluded about. If so, what is it?
Are you saying I’m defending a religion? Can you be clear in you language.

Maybe you should be bothered and be precise in what you are stating. You are not making much sense.

Why the aggressive attitude. I don’t use aggression and maybe you should try that. This is a discussion, not a war.

David

OzSpen,

"With this statement, you are promoting falsehood. You have demonstrated your and the Atheist Foundation of Australia's ignorance about the growth of Christianity worldwide that is happening NOW:"

If you had read the sentence before the one you quoted you would not have made such a dick of yourself. Here it is: “even in Australia, religion, like rust, never sleeps.”

Notice, I was speaking of Australia. It is purported that Christianity (And other religions) are growing in backward nations. That is not a recommendation; it is sad fact if true.

You are showing religion in a very poor light, I'm disappointed you have to use chicanery or poor understanding.

David
Posted by Atheist Foundation of Australia Inc, Wednesday, 26 December 2012 9:01:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 36
  7. 37
  8. 38
  9. Page 39
  10. 40
  11. 41
  12. 42