The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Islam and Labor?

Islam and Labor?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Poirot,
No evidence means no evidence, there's no archaeological evidence of these paleoancient "complex" Aboriginal societies, just because there's no evidence of habitation in Europe in the same epoch means nothing, it's correct to say that modern humans "may" have lived on this continent for seven millennia just as they "may" have lived in Europe and Asia for 400,000 years
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 3 December 2012 6:27:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay,

I'm surmising that you have an alternative theory as to the one that posits that we all originally came out of Africa?

If you have, I'd be fascinated to hear it.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 3 December 2012 9:17:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot,
Theories abound, I think we're up to five in the number of humanoids co existing on earth at the same time in the past, Homo Sapiens, Neanderthals, Denisovans, Homo Floriensis and another as yet unnamed species from China.
Speculation on DNA "history" starts with the religious belief that humans arose only in Africa, the fabled garden of Eden, supporters of that doctrine even use the terms "Mitochondrial Eve" and "Y Adam".
Moving on, the studies done on Jewish DNA pretty much prove that they are exactly what they have always claimed to be, that is a highly endogamous federation of Middle Eastern tribes, in their case the DNA aligns with the archaeology so in the mind of a reasonable person it can be trusted, no?.
Can the same be said of the Palestinians? If DNA anaylsis is your standard for determining the rights of a people to a tract of land does a coincidence of genetics and archaeology prove their case?
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 3 December 2012 11:28:52 AM
JOM,
This tells me that we really need to heed the lessons of history but definitely not repeat them.
I have always wondered who the people were who did the rock paintings in Australia or those who built the massive structures found all over the world. There certainly can't be any descendants. Why else has everything stopped several thousand years ago ? Why are there no rock paintings in Australia which date from only a few years before the european invasion ? They're always purported to be several thousands of years old.
Perhaps they introduced a Carbon tax too ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 6 December 2012 7:07:43 AM
Interesting that the Israel/Palestinian debate has evolved to a discussion of DNA and ancient ancestory.
Might I keep it on a practical level by pointing out that, right now, today, more than 50% of Palestinian children are suffering from illnesses directly relatied to nutrional deficiencies as a direct result of Israeli border control policies.
Likewise, Palestinians with cancer are dying because of the lack of chemo drugs.
Israeli border control is preventing the Palestinians from developing any kind of trade relationships with anyone other than Israel and that trade is set up to hugely disadvantage the Palestinians.
I push no ideological or religous barrow for either side, but I can't help feeling that the Palestinians have been pushed into a very tight corner.
And children shouldn't be made to suffer. By either side.
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.a
Posted by Anthonyve, Saturday, 8 December 2012 10:02:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual, there is a rock painting in WA showing a sailing ship.
Probably a Dutchman on his way to Batavia.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 9 December 2012 6:22:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy