The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbott,

Abbott,

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Robert Le Page, may I suggest you wallow in the remains of your much loved green party, as along with the so called independents, their days are numbered and, at the mere flick of a switch (the call of an election) they will vanish.

But hey, at least they had their chance, they simply were given enough rope, and they used it very effectively.

No complaints from this end.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 10:54:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rechtub goggle the name of the paper you read and read it on line.
SOG you read the wrong papers.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 11:57:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As to wallowing in the remains of my beloved green party, they are not "my" greens but I consider them a better choice out of the alternatives on offer.
There are many alternatives to the two main parties to form government. If enough voters see that they are on an endless trip to nowhere with the liblabs, they could vote in enough green MP's to form a government.
Another alternative is for enough independents to be elected to form a third party in coalition with the Greens.

The Libs for a party that has shown they can manage effectively have also managed to get us into an endless war in Afghanistan.
As good financial managers they manage to make sure that donors to their party do not miss out on anything.
If the US election is won by Romney, there could be another war on the go quite soon and we do not want to be dragged into yet another war with Islam.
Posted by Robert LePage, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 12:08:51 PM
Poirot,

'Tony Abbott has hardly been deafening in his condemnation of his good mate Alan Jones in the aftermath of Shamegate'

Just exactly what does Abbot have to do. Physically slit the guys throat. Refuse to ever go on the show even though Roxon didn't even go that far?

It was a good speech from Gillard, primarily because it has hidden the real double standard. The timeline of this episode is as follows...

Gillards Father dies
Abbott states sincerely in parliment how proud her father must have been of her
Jones makes the comment
Labor attack dogs say Abbott is somehow responsible for this.
Labor ramp up the Misogynist claims
Abbotts wife defends Him.
Gillard's main man at speaker has been found to make misogynist comments
Gillard doesn't take any action

Umm......

Great speech Julia!
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 12:55:31 PM
Houellie,

I agree with you to an extent. (your quote came from the article, not from me directly)

I don't expect Abbott to go to town on an ally like Jones.

But I do expect the alternative PM to have a bit more up top than to parrot the week's most notorious line as some sort of opposition trump card.

Hardly inspiring, although excellent vaudeville : )
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 1:13:09 PM
Robert Le Page,
You said,"they could vote in enough green MP's to form a government"

Only one thing to say about that fantasy.

You should give up smoking the stuff.
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 10 October 2012 1:34:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy