The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > AGW scare officially over.

AGW scare officially over.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
csteele,
You make a good point.
But, here's a thing. Each time I meet someone who claims to be a clear thinking skeptic who has studied Global Warming carefully before reaching an opinion for or against, (and it's usually against as the people who tend to be for, are more likely to go with the 98% of climate scientists who support AGW), I always ask this question.
"So, what else have you studied - other than global warming - with the same level of diligence before forming an opinion?"
And you know something? Hardly ever does the clear thinking skeptic have an answer.
Now, I'm not saying you fall in this category, I have no idea.
But I do know quite a few folk who do.
They're clear headed, hard thinking, hard studying, pragmatic skeptics when it comes to global warming, but on every other topic, they're just like the rest of us.
Yeah, right.
Anthony
http://www.observationpoint.com.au
Posted by Anthonyve, Wednesday, 18 July 2012 10:22:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
csteele, before you come back with sarcastic responses I suggest you
do a little checking.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pdf/05pielke.pdf

CONCLUSIONS. To summarize, claims of link-
ages between global warming and hurricane impacts
are premature for three reasons.

There is a stack of information on the noaa site, so you can amuse
yourself for days on just that site.
I could not be bothered to search further.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 19 July 2012 10:38:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Bazz,

Can't be bothered about sums your effort up.

If you come on here and post something without backing it up in any way shape or form you certainly deserve to be slapped over the knuckles.

It is not our job but rather yours to go and substantiate your argument. At a bare minimum you should let us know which 'AGW report' stated the number of hurricanes had increased and at least furbish a link to the weather bureau document that claims there have been less.

If you can't be bothered doing any substantiating work then why bother posting in the first place.

As your link states even in 2005 IPCC writers like Linda Mearns, of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), were saying “There’s a push on climatologists to say something about extremes, because they are so important. But that can be very dangerous if we really don’t know the answer”.

That to me about sums it up.
Posted by csteele, Thursday, 19 July 2012 12:33:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh....the world is not changing...OK:)....either way,.....the planet is still heating up.

Again...now what are you to do?

cc
Posted by plant3.1, Thursday, 19 July 2012 10:12:07 PM
A few words from the Devils advocate, mostly ones I have read here.
Climate change is not happing.
It is happening but is natural.
It does not matter its effects will be good more than bad.
Believers have been conned, by Germany who wants to take over the world, science who just lie.
Its about taxing us not climate.
Cutting Australian emissions will do nothing about the worlds out put.
Now my thoughts, if half those charges against us believers are true, just half.
Look no more, you have found the missing link!
It is us! the believers who so easily have been flim flamed.
We are a primitive form of humanity.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 20 July 2012 4:52:14 AM
Belly:
"But leave your detector at home.
Wandering the streets with it constantly ticking and pointing at you is embarrassing your Friends."

Thanks so much for the laugh!

And thanks everyone else for the entertaining read. But I'll be heading back to the real world now where the views of scientists on matters of science are valued over the views of "journalists" and politicians.
Posted by David Corbett, Friday, 20 July 2012 8:22:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy