The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 101 Uses For The Higgs Boson?

101 Uses For The Higgs Boson?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Dear Lexi,

Many today think that mass is bad (perhaps because others don't like their body-shape; because their old cloths no longer fit; because they're not allowed to have sweets; or because they dislike Christianity), but since you consider mass to be good, I must assume that you are slim or Christian (or both).

(since bosons are not a service, GST can only apply if they are good)
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 9 July 2012 11:46:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
hig's bosom..is only one of 4 possable bosons
but the precept arround its wrong

think of centrifical force
think of an armiture moving within a coil

now see what it became[that unicycle;/scooter looking thing..[you stand up on to drive..cant recall its name presently]

but take the principle
it is adding weight to offeset your weight..and retain its own center of balance[just as the fall into the atom]think centifical forces]..fields of affect..

what would i do to mine
thats like asking what will i do with my electro magnet
without the ability to sustain..the huge energy burn..that created escape velocity

about the same measure as cold fusion
[and evolution..out of genus]..nice in theory
but you wouldnt invite ....it..into a happy home
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 8:36:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

You're far too serious.
And that's not good for your health.
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 11:44:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mine's gone already. I think. And I never knew it was even there.

Since (I'm presuming here) God has no weight (except on the mind of OUG), or mass (except in Catholic-oriented churches), is it possible that He/She has no Higgs bosons in His/Her atomic structure at all ? And never did, even at the BBeginning ?

And where do they all go ? Is there no 'where' there ?
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 5:08:31 PM
'No where' Loudmouth?

'Now here' (on OLO) perhaps :)
Posted by bonmot, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 6:24:41 PM
Does the Higgs give off carbon?
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 5:10:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy