The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 101 Uses For The Higgs Boson?

101 Uses For The Higgs Boson?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Is it worth being patient while things decay for a bit?

So far it's only the low mass Higgs bosons – and the standard model ones at that.

I want to wait for the higher mass and at least the deluxe model versions before bothering.
Posted by WmTrevor, Sunday, 8 July 2012 7:56:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This obsession is yet another form of materialism.

A thought for the day: Bosons can't buy me love!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 9 July 2012 12:16:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't like bosons, I think that they are all Wimps.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 9 July 2012 5:51:36 AM
Very funny all, a laugh is a much better way to start the week; we seem to have been getting a little intense lately, some very talented humorists on this blog.

If is walks like a quark, looks like a quark and quarks like a quark, I guess it’s a quark.

So why are we discriminating against leptons? Is it because we don’t like their “behavior”?

What about a correlation between people and the periodic table of fundamental particles, charge vs. mass?

Clive Palmer would be up there with high mass, but Craig Thomson might have more charges.

SM, watch out the boson doesn’t blow the whistle on us.

Lexi, perhaps you could send our PM some Higgs boson balm, might reduce the “weight" on her shoulders?

Have great week.

Baz.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 9 July 2012 8:33:30 AM
I think we should reduce the weight on this PMs shoulders, but only as long as we do it in the same way the French reduced the weight on a few royal shoulders, some years back.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 9 July 2012 9:20:35 AM
Save a thought for the boson's mate.
Posted by david f, Monday, 9 July 2012 9:40:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy