The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does it really matter who the leader is.

Does it really matter who the leader is.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Anna Bligh continues her attack on the LNP stating that what if they win and Newman looses, who will lead.

I would suggest this is a very thin line, especially given the events of Kevin Rudds situation, whereby he was the elected leader, only to be replaced mid stream.

So why does it really matter when that position is not assured anyway.

Is this is yet another smear campaign by another desperate failing labor government leader.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 16 March 2012 7:33:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rehctub, it doesn’t matter!!

The Libs’ and Labs’ are two peas in a pod. Their politics are essentially identical…. and rotten! Who cares who the leaders are, unless one of them attains a leader who can substantially change their political direction for the better.

So don’t vote for either!

It makes just about no sense to struggle over which one to vote for. The only sensible thing to do is to vote for neither, by either lodging a blank ballot or voting for a minor candidate only, so that no preferences filter down to either of the ‘liblabs’.

At least you can vote for a minor party or independent candidate in Queensland, which has the optional preferential voting system, whereas you can’t federally without your vote ending up counting for one of the two big buggers, under the disgusting compulsory preferential system.

Returning a blank ballot paper is NOT a wasted vote. Voting for one of the big dinosaur parties on the basis that you think it is ever so slightly less disgusting than the other one IS a morally corrupt vote!
Posted by Ludwig, Friday, 16 March 2012 8:21:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ludwig/quote..""you can’t federally..
without your vote ending up counting
for one of the two big buggers,""

yep clever aint it
which do you hate most
goes last..[one for vote..one against vote]

the least votes drop out[if no clear winner]
and their second prefereance...'comes active''..is distributed

in still no winner
the next lowest is 'dis-tributed'

till at last we got a winner
cause he did a preferance..*deal

""under the disgusting
compulsory preferential system.""

hence that clever coup
just vote one..in 96

one vote your
ability to bring change...is dead

""Returning a blank ballot paper..is NOT a wasted vote."""

i prefer..simply getting 'it'
throwing it into a fire

let the vote not add up
who cares...send the system broke

""Voting for one..of the big dinosaur parties
on the basis that you think...LOL..it is ever so slightly less""...LOL

""disgusting !""

""than the other one
IS a morally corrupt vote!""

morally bankrupt
not nesserilly corrupt..but easilly corupted
Posted by one under god, Friday, 16 March 2012 9:04:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Best not to return a totally blank form. I have worked as a scrutineer in a returning officers home garage in a regional town and it is too easy to take a blank form and mark it.

I hasten to add that I did not do that or anything like that but a dsitracted returning officer, taking a dunny break, and the temptation is there.

Actually, all this work should be done in a central location in full view of everyone anyway to prevent such actions.

At least put a line and an abusive comment that reflects your view to make sure the slip is not totally blank.

Fortunately the Greens are standing everywhere and although they have no chance of a seat outside maybe one in Brisbane, at least you can send your vote to them and a message to Bligh, who will be a backbencher in a few weeks time.

And yes, who cares if the current LNP leader wins or not, we're still about to get a bunch of no-hoper Bible bashers back in charge, and frankly, it really doesn;t matter which of them leads because they are all without neurons.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Friday, 16 March 2012 10:10:07 AM
<< At least put a line and an abusive comment that reflects your view to make sure the slip is not totally blank. >>

Yes indeed. Good point Blue Cross.
Posted by Ludwig, Friday, 16 March 2012 10:25:20 AM
Rechtub it matters.
You in my view think so about Labor leaders.;
And I get a grin out of reminding you of that.
For me, you, TBC it does not.
But about 20% think it does.
If Kevin Rudd Lead QLD LABOR.
or IF a Turnbull lead LNP you would see evidence it matters.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 16 March 2012 4:14:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy