The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does it really matter who the leader is.

Does it really matter who the leader is.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Indeed Belly, and thank God Kevin does not lead the ALP anywhere, but that is another story.

If the ALP ran as a policy driven machine, it would hardly matter except to appeal to dunces in the street who regard 'leaders' as positive things.

Sadly, because the ALP allows its so-called 'leaders' to make policy up, I suppose it does matter who leads.

What leaders should do, as with Cando for example, is to work through his policy machine to get the LNP to change its view on gay marriage, to bring it into line with most other people, according to the published polls.

Even when stagerringly 'good ' leaders lead, like Bob Car eh Belly, things still go pear shaped.
Posted by The Blue Cross, Friday, 16 March 2012 4:30:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly you have just given me a reason to believe there is a god in heaven.

If it weren't for his grace we just might have those 2 self serving shonks in Qld, under which circumstances we would be in hell on earth.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 16 March 2012 7:15:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen, we're on the same side at last!
Posted by The Blue Cross, Friday, 16 March 2012 8:24:35 PM
I truly would vote Labor, but want a better leader.
About now from both sides rocks are being gathered.
And I am the target, one day an interesting thread may result.
However it is a question that never needed asking.
Say you, yes you, wanted to lead your party, and it happened.
If you entered a campaign sure you only had to sell to your followers, you would be a fool.
If you took it for granted those with roots in your group would follow no matter the place you led, same result.
For me, I suspect most, nothing insults more than being told to follow the wrong leader or be branded.
Remember, look and see, our last ten elected PM, QLDS previous one, had popular support.
Show me the last state or federal leader elected despite being disliked.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 March 2012 6:02:31 AM
I would like someone to explain, truthfully, just why we here in QLD are in the shape we are in.

In the past decade or so, labor have enjoyed the spolis of, the GST, the huge boost in stamp duties, from the property boom, the sale of public asetts, and of cause, the mining boom.

Surely, after all these finacial win falls, we should have a wad of money in the bank.

Now there are those who blame the floods of 2011, but I would remind them that we were in negative territory prior to then.

So, the question must be answered, where has our money gone and, how on earth can we expect to survive without mining, something the greens and their supporters are trying very hard to close down.

On another issue, it would appear that Anna has cooked her goose, having thrown so much mud at Campbell Newman, only to have the CMC say there is no case to answer.

If you are going to play dirty, you must have your facts straight.

The sad part is that the seat of Ashgrove is set to loose what is obviously a popular rep.
I'm sorry, but labor just has to go. It's time!
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 17 March 2012 6:58:21 AM
Yeah but rehctub, will the Libnats be any better??

I can’t see that they would.

And would Queensland have been in any better shape if they’d been in power over the last few years?

Nope. Not likely.

So don’t vote for either!!
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 17 March 2012 8:17:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy