The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 2012 a year that challenges the ALP

2012 a year that challenges the ALP

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
Put the knee length boots on for this one, you will need them.
I am, after a life time of considering all options ,still of the view only Labor best serves my wishes.
And while plaintively calling in the dark, for conservatives to look in wards, aware that will not happen.
And that, in the interests of my party, I am duty bound to.
Who would think, an ex union official, a proud committed one, who loves still his past one, would say this.
SOLIDARITY is a swear word!
A blanket to cover sins and those who knife my party, not by actions like mine, but by, look at todays story, such as Rex Jackson,a past Minister in a Labor Government, led by a criminal .
If we get a trot I intend to enter the dark corners of my party, challenge the self seekers who are a blot on it.
Hopefully plow the ground for a renewal we badly need.
I am aware, many are, the crimes of maggots within my party are more visible than conservatives.
And that conservatives match act for act,some times far exceed .
But too, get the boots on rain coat too, a skill exists I have no need off mud throwing and negativity.
So we will see no conservative driven insights.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 2 January 2012 6:27:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why did I put this thread up?
What was my intention.
Well GY thinks it is disjointed, maybe should not have got a run.
I think I wanted to talk directly to my party, in the first full year of a reform, one that seems half hearted.
I too am not unaware some here see all evil being generated only by the ALP.
And that, in my view right factions control both party's.
Labor first benefited from factions, then fell foul of them.
It was strong right/center unity factions that got the left from the chest of Labor.
Stopped policy's unacceptable to those Labor existed for, keeping them out of power.
The Catholic Church, still the ALP Church today, and its sibling the DLP kept the Conservatives in power.
Look back at my post history and see my unhappiness during Simon Creans time, with his harnessing of union representation in the party.
While standing by my views about Crean I was wrong, he right.
Conferences saw 60% of places given to Unions.
People unaware of issues lining up to vote as told.
By a faction leader who often used that power badly.
Labor is duty bound to never again let NSW, crafted acts of blind stupidity betrayal, ignorance,take place,never again forget a basic.
The ALP/Union movement is no mans property no private groups toy.
First this year return my party to its people not factions.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 3 January 2012 3:48:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Any political party exists or should, because it holds views and ideals.
No party should, within its ranks and meetings not hear all views from its members and even those who oppose them.
But no party can survive with policy's most will never except.
I do not for a second value taking on board policy's just to be More popular.
But blindly ignoring voters is no way to the top.
Labor has done well, in achieving much it set out to do.
But failed, as bad as any failure it ever had, in selling its self.
From my viewing platform the Gillard faction in my party has focused more on its dislike of Rudd and Abbott, than selling its self.
A contented view, quite wrong, seems to exist both will drop off and it will be alright.
Ignore Australian voters, our party rank and file but not truth.
If the next election was a raffle,if we found the funds to buy every ticket, Gillard would not win.
Some one would do a moon light flit and it would never be drawn.
As we fight media, negativity, GFC, do not forget my party, even now, never told us what Rudd did, why we took on a dead weight as leader while swimming a deep river.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 3 January 2012 4:02:51 AM
But blindly ignoring voters is no way to the top.
Belly,
neither is blindly supporting incompetent administration.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 3 January 2012 6:49:00 AM
Belly, mate, when you have nothing to sell, except a history of failure & stuff ups, what else can you do, but run down your opposition. Just what Gillard does.

When she can't get her coalition partners, the Greens, to support her policies, what does she do but blame Abbott.

Sure you've got a few rotten apples, but so have they all. Labors real problem is the inability to pick, [& perhaps groom], a leader worth more than scrap.

Reform your branches, & take charge again, & Labor can come back.

Leave it in the hands of union bosses, & cunning law graduates, & it is headed for the scrap heap, with your past leaders.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 3 January 2012 9:16:50 AM
"And while plaintively calling in the dark, for conservatives to look in wards, aware that will not happen."

Belly you may think that it does not happen but that does not make it true.

Like most things there are the extremists who can't fault their side, there are those like yourself who consider theyselves welded to a particular group but recognise some of it's faults and there are moderates who find that one balance the side they prefer one of the other but don't own any allegance to that group and there are those who chop and change for little reason, perhaps a single issue or just a wish for a change.

Many who vote for the coalition are able to see the faults with the parties, systems and individuals involved just as many who vote for Labor, the Greens and other parties do. The difference comes down to which successes and which failings we consider most important, which party we consider does better for the country than the alternatives.

Your claim is far too broad, it may reflect the way some people speak (or post) but does not reflect the reality for many.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 3 January 2012 9:32:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy