The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Climate talks bust, - parties agree to future

Climate talks bust, - parties agree to future

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Lexi, you may well be more optimistic but you shouldn’t imply that I’m being pessimistic. On the contrary I’m delighting in the wide eyed astonishment of the warmers as they begin to realize that nothing is ever going to happen in relation to a global agreement. In fact they can now see that’s the game is over and every time they get together in such as Durban, any action gets pushed further and further away. It is called reality.

Sure they can have their meetings each year, bang some bongo drums and debate the issue of underarm deodorant. This bubble has been created for them, it is a little world of make believe, the politicians have said NO, but they just don’t hear. So they will go off to somewhere nice each year and have another chat about things within their bubble, the rest of the real world will get on with things and ignore them until they find something else to do.

I have no sympathy, if they don’t have the smarts to know they’ve been had, tough. As we have often discussed on this forum, it is possible to be both educated and gullible.

You need to stop pecking up the crumbs of hope being fed to you, you’re better then that. It’s done, finished, over. As Monty Python said, “This is an ex parrot”.

Next!
Posted by spindoc, Tuesday, 13 December 2011 4:18:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nothing changes here at least 20 threads?
maybe
Many started by SM and the intent is to? tell me?
One poster refers to pigs and dung Beatles, now why, any chance we can drop that?
Or do we become a forum for those who lack the ability to even try to be civil.
And another, think on it pepper seems convinced England's stand in the EU totally unrelated! has some thing to do with this subject.

Cheer up!
It done! past our Parliament in law, NEGATIVE Abbott if he still leads the Conservatives will not change or withdraw it.
And todays detractors will have a Hernia trying to justify what they condemn today.
If Turnbull leads? double Hernia!
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 13 December 2011 4:30:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Spindoc,

I believe in a clean-energy future for my grandchildren.
I believe in alternative energy sources to the dirty stuff
that's currently on offer - and I certainly don't believe that
we should continue as we've been doing - in carelessly dumping
noxious gases and particulates into the atmosphere. I do want
answers - whether a world population that will more than double in
forty years and thus produce double as many people to consume
and pollute - perhaps even more than they do at present - can be
supported by the environment.

If that somehow does not match with your view of things - that
is something you and your grandchildren will have to learn to
live with in the future. And if you don't consider your view as
pessimistic, that's perfectly understandable.

Further control
of pollution is politically difficult, for the economic interests
behind "smokestack" industries are a powerful political lobby
that is reluctant to commit the necessary resources to the task.
Posted by Lexi, Tuesday, 13 December 2011 6:41:31 PM
Good Morning Shadow Minister see you are here like me prowling the empty halls this morning.
Must say the thread pleases me.
Classic example of Liberals current policy emptiness.
Turning a NEGATIVE in to a positive.
It works too! on some, for a while.
The fact every country.
In the world
Including the biggest emitters, have agreed to cut emissions, shatters your sides paper Tiger.
We, have installed the laws, our way, of cutting it, others will in time do so.
At a future time,when you clutch climate change and climate tax to your breast as Liberal policy's I will remember.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 14 December 2011 4:29:45 AM
Belly,

You said "The fact every country. In the world Including the biggest emitters, have agreed to cut emissions"

No they haven't. They have agreed to negotiate an agreement. In four years we may or may not have an agreement to cut emissions by an unknown amount. The only thing agreed is that nothing with happen before 2020.

In 2013 we will go to the elections as the only country in the world with a tax on 100% of generation emissions at a price that is the highest in the world.

Given the Durban failure, and the present public dislike of the tax, when the cost of living increases come through in 2013, the election fought on this issue will sweep labor from power. Based on this the carbon tax is not going to make it to 2015, even if it takes a year to deconstruct.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 14 December 2011 6:38:29 AM
Dear Lexi, what we will leave our grandchildren is an unsustainable and socially crippling burden of energy cost. It does not matter if we did this through stupidity, naïveté or gullibility, we will still be held in contempt.

No one on OLO has any issue with the elimination of “noxious gasses and particulates” in the atmosphere. The pure folly of our actions is to include CO2. The next folly is to try to cut CO2 through taxes, the next folly is to create a renewables quota through consumer funding, rebates and feed in tariffs which result in people who can afford renewables being funded by those who can’t. The final act of mindless stupidity is to pretend that somehow, this will create jobs, grow our industrial capacity, reduce our cost of living and make things better for our grandchildren. I am fully reconciled with my grandchildren thank you, it is those who support this tosh who will be vilified, and rightly so.

The good news for our grandchildren is that this scam is coming to an end. Those who wish to continue to pretend they are doing something good can continue to play in the fantasy bubble that has been provided, you can even squawk at us from time to time. The rest of the real world will try to get over the social, financial, industrial and economic misery that has been inflicted by the warmertariat.

Our grandchildren will not dare speak the name of the phenomena that crippled their futures just to avoid us facing reality.
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 14 December 2011 11:34:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy