The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Watch out oldies.

Watch out oldies.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Is Mise,
PS My Mother passed away three years ago, just before Christmas. I miss her terribly, she was more like an older Sister to me. We shared many ups and downs together, but I know that she has been reunited with my Biological Father, and I know that she is near me, I feel her presence nearly every day.
Cheers again,
NSB
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Sunday, 7 August 2011 3:37:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Kerryann,
I think that Malcolm Fraser was right, when he said that any money we have should be kept in a sock under the mattress.
NSB
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Sunday, 7 August 2011 3:40:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Noisy Scrub Bird,

Hello Noisy

(:) Yes and a taser gun under the pillow since they charged people with murder for shooting B&E sods.

T/C
Posted by Kerryanne, Sunday, 7 August 2011 3:55:58 PM
Wow Noisy, so Fraser did get something right. I am surprised.

Still, I've found glass jars buried in the garden a better idea, even the cops know to look under the mattress, & socks rot in the garden.

My mother went just over a year ago, after 20 years in her granny flat beside this house, & the one before it. Perhaps irrationally I have not let anyone, move into it.

The thing I find really strange, I have started missing my father, who went over 20 years ago, rather than mum. Strange things the human psyche.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 7 August 2011 4:06:36 PM
Hey Hasbeen,
I am sorry that you too have lost both parents, I haven't been able to visit Mum's grave for ages, it is only a five minute drive away. But standing there looking at her grave just won't bring her back. But it is normal to have these 'irrational thoughts', I still grieve for my biological Father and he has been gone since I was 7, sixty years ago. It is a normal part of life. So long as our loved ones are thought about, even in Death, then they are still 'with us'.
Talking about squirreling money away, my biggest fear is that I/we would bloody well forget where we buried it! :(
Maybe I should put a little cross in our garden with "Goodbye Rex - you were a good dog", to mark where the stash is:)
Cheers Hasbeen
NSB
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Monday, 8 August 2011 11:43:50 AM
Kerryanne,

The actual financial benefits haven't been reduced for returned service personnel that are on a pension but rather the range of medical benefits have steadily been reduced.
A few examples that have been broght to my attention are:

1) Compression stockings (for DVT and other blood circulation problems) no longer provided in flesh colour (only white), not much one might say but a problem for veterans who like to wear the kilt on appropriate occassions. Some that I know wear panty-hose over their white stockings.

2) Back support belts no longer on the list.

3) Erectile dysfunction is no longer covered; seems some wowser decided that Veterans had had enough sex when they were younger.
This problem is still covered if it is war related (and there are precious few of those left) but not for any other reason. This matter often raises a smile but there is the
Veteran's partner to be considered as well.

4) The elegibility criteria for corrective footwear have been tightened.

The number of Veterans is falling year by year and yet these petty money saving restrictions are applied.

The Veterans' Affairs Department does a marvellous job and their rank and file employees are a kind and considerate group of people but they are often hamstrung by Government policy decisions.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 8 August 2011 1:50:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy