The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Answer the question please !

Answer the question please !

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
individual,

While i agree there is no hard set rule for anybody to be forced to respond to other comments- I would like to point out to your politeness must be a two ways street.
You left a comment to me. I spent a good deal of time replying as to why I would not vote for Tony Abbott. You then simply did not reply.

Thats ok- but you didnt see me rushing off to open a thread because individual didnt respond to me. Thats just life i guess.
For me i always try to respond but i have a farm and several other interests and work to do. I mostly come here for a break.

Many times I read people comments after hours- have a smile to myself but do not comment . Its everybodys choice how little or how much they wish to contribute.

Posting on this forum I have found is surprisingly addictive but we all have to juggle our time. If there were hard set rules that people had to reply to everybody i dont think there would be so many users. People love the freedom to come and go.

So as I assume"" you had no intentions to be rude to me - lets give others the same benefit of the doubt shall we.
No pun intended but tbo your behaving a bit like Tony Abbott.

I am not having a go at you but you did open this thread & thats is actually what you did to me dear.

Ok well cheers- enjoy the rest of your day.
Posted by Kerryanne, Monday, 18 July 2011 2:50:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
C%http://www.garnautreview.org.au/CA25734E0016A131/WebObj/03-CIndigenous/$File/03-C%20Indigenous.pdf

Look up Promoting autonomous and anticipatory adaptation.

What on earth is that sensless rambling all about ? The sea level is rising, what are we supposed to do ? Provide stilts for everything & everyone ? C'mon. every mutt & his dog has had global warming & rising sea level stuffed down their thoats. Yet here's another expert raving on about all sorts of cooperation with indigenous & their knowledge etc etc.
As if that can stop the sea closing in on a low lying island. If the sea is indeed rising then logically there's only one option. Move. I have spoken with people who have been up there in the late 60's when the tides were much higher than nowadays & yet the experts say the sea level is rising. How on earth can these experts say it's rising when it was higher 50 years ago ? If it is indeed rising then why are we listening to all this crap about more funding to combat rising sea level ? Spend the money on stilts & sandbags ? Get a brain !
Posted by individual, Monday, 18 July 2011 7:48:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Individual,

Words like, "Get a Brain!" do not endear you to anyone and they certainly don't encourage discussion.
Apart from being rude and contemptuous
that sort of language tends to indicate that you
don't really want to hear the opinions of others
because you've
already made up your own mind on the subject.
Then you've got the
cheek to ask why people leave.
Perhaps you should take your own
advice.
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 18 July 2011 8:11:43 PM
Lexi,
If you read carefully the phrase get a brain is aimed at the experts not any posters on OLO.
I haven't made up my mind on the subject, I don't have to , I know too many of these experts & how their ideas ruin our working day.
People only leave when they have no argument, when they realise that they're dealing with people on the ground not just some theorist on a 2-day jaunt.
Remember we're all paying for such wastage.
Posted by individual, Monday, 18 July 2011 9:24:59 PM
individual,

Like morganzola and Lexi, I'm a little surprised to find that you're the author of this thread moralising on other poster's shortcomings. You seem quite adept at run-by invective yourself.

Try this on for size:

"noisy
you're talking via the wrong end of your digestive system."

It fits!
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 18 July 2011 10:19:39 PM
Suzieonline, you are thinking of Parmenides.
Posted by Grrr, Monday, 18 July 2011 11:02:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12