The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Answer the question please !

Answer the question please !

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
@ individual:

I'm beginning to see why people tend to resort to ridicule with you, or just ignore you.

So the Saibai Islanders can go wherever they like, so long as it's an island now, eh? Which island/s did you have in mind, given that they're all distinct, kin-based communities? Wouldn't that put additional pressure on those islands, which would be losing land too, surely?

Also, you know full well that those communities who had to give up land would be demanding compensation - or are you going to abolish 'kastom' as well?

Actually, don't bother replying.
Posted by morganzola, Sunday, 24 July 2011 2:50:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Morganzola,

I'm reminded of a Monty Python segment - where a Roman ruler is
sitting on top of a hill surrounded by his admirers and in a nearby boat his friends are saying , "Come and join us in the boat, your waters are rising." Whereas the Roman ruler and his admirers insist,
"We will never sink, the waters cannot rise." As slowly, but surely - members of the ruler's admiring group disapper slowly under the rising waters.

Some people just know better.

When the people believed the earth was flat - they didn't venture
far from their homes for fear of falling off the edge of the earth.
Therefore by not venturing to find the edge of the earth - they
continued to believe the earth was flat. Therefore there is no climate change because I got up this morning - it was the same as it was yesterday. So how can there be any climate change. Right? That's
only logically. LOL.
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 24 July 2011 4:00:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Lexi,

Personally, I'm more reminded of the excruciating Black Knight scene in 'Holy Grail'.

Sheesh!
Posted by morganzola, Sunday, 24 July 2011 4:30:41 PM
morganzola,
What's kustom got to do with an island getting inundated ? Do you know what kastom actally is ?

Lexi,
now that others have told you the earth isn't flat why don't you go to Saibai on monday. You'd probably last till thursday unless you score an earlier flight out.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 July 2011 5:26:35 PM
Lexi,
I got muddled up with morgan's question avoiding. Perhaps I'm not getting the gist of what you said. I apologise if i'm wrong.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 July 2011 6:11:26 PM
Lexi,
when did I ever deny climate change, please point to that post.
You'll have plenty of time before morganzola actually comes back with yet another answer avoiding question.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 24 July 2011 8:41:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All