The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Answer the question please !

Answer the question please !

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
@individual:

That's all very well, but you're describing behaviour that you often engage in yourself. You frequently drop a cryptic one-liner into a discussion, which often has nothing to do with the thread topic. As for not answering questions, just this morning you hijacked another thread with a vague gripe about something irrelevant to the article under discussion, about which you still refuse to explain yourself. On top of that, you obviously hadn't even read the article that the thread that you derailed was about.

[That's one of my pet annoyances, actually - people who post comments about articles they haven't read].

It takes at least two for a conversation, so you're correct as far as that goes. As for the rest of your typically unspecified gripe, I'd like to see you practise what you seem to be preaching.
Posted by morganzola, Sunday, 17 July 2011 7:52:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I forget I submit threads and write comments. I enjoy a yap but this joint isn't a focal point with the 60 hours a week I do at work.

Some people just irritate me or have in the past and with them I really don't care to entertain their random brain farts with my time. Generally those ones try to hijack a thread from the first comment and if they do that I won't go back.

I don't owe anyone an explanation or apology for these decisions. Neither does any one else.
Posted by StG, Sunday, 17 July 2011 8:31:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have noticed on this forum there is not a PM service.
Most forums have them - and people can sort out something that may have been a misunderstanding between them.
Would it not help to also have a PM on here does anybody feel?
Also I cant see any rules saying a person ""must"" respond-
Come on guys its just a forum where folk go to relax.
There are hundreds of thousands of forums pls lets all lighten up.

Lexi I would like to add is one of the few people i have had the pleasure to bump into that has always been polite funny.

She is the only poster "" i have ever felt like i would like to get to know a lot better- wondered where she lives and felt like say hey Lexi email me through my email address & come for a holiday some time
Life is short guys how about a few jokes now everybody.
Posted by Kerryanne, Sunday, 17 July 2011 8:35:32 PM
morganzola,
just a minute there. I told of a paper which presented a distorted i.e. untrue situation. You chose to snipe back without considering that I might actually know the situation hence my claim. Why is that you don't take up the opportunity to discredit my post re the islands low land ? Is it just possible you think that I could be right ? That the papuans are exploited as very cheap labor ? That australian bureaucrats keep pouring millions into islands which the island people themselves claim are going under ? How about a comment with an idea of stopping the obvious waste of building on submerging land ? Please don't come back that these claims are baseless because they aren't.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 17 July 2011 8:45:38 PM
@ individual:

Why don't you do it properly? Put a link to the article here and explain clearly and simply where you think that it's incorrect, and why you think so. Then people can either agree or disagree with you and/or it and explain why. If we all agree to respect each other and each other's right to put their points of view, then we have the makings of a debate.

That would be a much more productive way of stimulating constructive discussion than hijacking another thread and announcing that you'd like to give some academic a "clip behind the ear" because you didn't agree with them, don't you think?
Posted by morganzola, Sunday, 17 July 2011 9:18:51 PM
Hell hath no fury like a HKM scorned.
Posted by morganzola, Sunday, 3 July 2011 9:59:23 AM
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=4544&page=0
Morgan

Given this thread is headed answer the question pls -
I would say it is covered to include my question
to you under its terms of reference.

Can you explain your comment above?
The thread was a pretty normal topic. It was in the media at the time but NO mention of HKM- pls explain yourself.

I wasn't going to bother but reading your comments t changed my mind. Also why since i joined OLO you straight away attacked me.

What is it you think"you know. Or what do you wish to know?
Ask anything you wish & here is a little starter.

Yes people were very upset to know Patel was doing accreditation for ritual slaughter without their knowledge.Especially given their were docs signed - but i wont go into that here.
They were less impressed seeing him on TV asking for 2 mill in their name from the PM. They not support the ritual slaughters and wants it banned. RSPCA want it banned & the last time i looked AA your lot want it banned-

Now hes a little hint for your lot. ALL accreditation's including & especially Indonesia are done by bribes. Does AQIS know- Of COURSE they know but are too gutless to do anything about it.

So the moral of the story is whoever does the accreditation's are very important for the animals sake. Those Animals in Indonesia would have been stunned IF the right accreditation authority had been involved. Hense the interest.
There are several accreditation authority's that insist on animals being stunned first. As you know there are also many who dont.
I feel this is the area in which the kinder authorities need all the support they can get. Hopefully in time they will teach the others. We all do what we can in our own ways but i just dont understand the nasty attacks at genuine animals lovers from so called other animal lover groups.
Posted by Kerryanne, Monday, 18 July 2011 12:04:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy