The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Answer the question please !

Answer the question please !

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
@Kerryanne:

Despite the fact that you're on my 'ignore' list, I'll answer your question because you asked it politely. My admitted one-liner was prompted by your angry rants personally directed at Ikebal Patel over his apparent support for Sharia law. In retrospect, I agree that my comment was unhelpful and I withdraw it.

Having said that, I haven't "gone for you" at all - quite the reverse, in fact. Indeed, I'm trying very hard to ignore you, a personal policy to which I shall now return.

Ciao :)
Posted by morganzola, Monday, 18 July 2011 5:08:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
morganzola,
there are no links. you know full well that incompetence & blatant exploitation aren't regularly documented. Do think it morally right that people get exploited for $ 5 /hr ? Do you think it right to spend literally millions on infrastructure on an island which is constantly in the news about getting flooded & is in danger from rising sea level ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 18 July 2011 6:17:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@ individual:

Of course there's a link to the article you're concerned with - how do you think I read it online? Also, of course I don't support exploitation of anybody, nor wasteful expenditure. However, I know very little about the situation that has upset you to the point that you proclaim publicly that you intend to give an academic a "clip under the ear". And I'm unlikely to know more, given that getting you to post the necessary information is akin to extracting teeth.

I really don't understand why you won't post the background to your latest gripe, but I think it's quite unreasonable for you to bang on about people not answering questions, when you can't be bothered framing them in a way that allows people to answer them.
Posted by morganzola, Monday, 18 July 2011 6:59:48 AM
This is a rant thread. Graham gave this place a certain amount of freedom to self police because we whinged and whinged about a perceived 'dictatorship' - for the want of a better description - over what we contribute. How about you guys 'self police' yourselves.

This thread is pointless and will damage the freedoms we've managed to gain here if it goes on much further.
Posted by StG, Monday, 18 July 2011 8:29:19 AM
Lexi

Enjoyed your post very much - especially considering that this thread appears to be about nothing - like a certain comedy series, except "Seinfeld" was entertaining.

One I'd like to add to your list of "stuff we think but don't post" is:

"I'm not mean, you're just stupid."

But I would never post that especially on a topic raised by Individual, because we know he practices what he is preaching here, don't we?

(Ending with a question, geddit?)
Posted by Ammonite, Monday, 18 July 2011 10:39:27 AM
*Despite the fact that you're on my 'ignore' list,*
Records show otherwise but wont drag out the posts.

*your angry rants personally directed at*
Thats your assumption - fact is it was based on the article + in support another in Muslim times.
I think its fair to say nobody supports ritual slaughter- its cruel. Nor will he be a ongoing problem in the bigger picture.
Personally speaking I was shocked and saddened- but after saying that afic at least was the first Congress to pass a motion in Congress to ban live exports. Nobody can ever take that away from him.

Approving ritual slaughter and fighting with RSPCA over it to me is unacceptable as it is to RSPCA.

As ""you raised HKM it may assist if you & yours actually *knew what it was- instead of assuming. Its based on the submission to the Bill in 2005.

1 It is to replace live with local pre stunned.

2 To allocate AA WSPCA Animal Angles PAACT & others with authority to police not only the abattoirs but the entire process- transport.

3 To supply funding for that.

4 The farms are to be free range accredited to give the farmers the extra % which otherwise goes to only Islamic councils.

5 This % is we hope going to be helpful in competing as an intensive to compete with the live trade.

6 Each will have a worm farm & Halal vegetable farm and small goods..

7 In years to come those Halal veggie farms will yield a bigger return than meat-imop which can be expanded to growers.

What we have atm is a trade that is dependent on one supplier live exports. hkm is to create another supply chain which is looking quite good. There is nothing wrong with a person bar their intentions. If the intentions of that person are good- so is the person.
So pls by all means feel free to ignore me. I have only responded when you addressed me .
Have a nice day
Posted by Kerryanne, Monday, 18 July 2011 12:46:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All