The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The simple solution to carbon pollution

The simple solution to carbon pollution

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
belly quote...""OUG mate,you take offense at me often,
but I still...like you
rarely agree with your view..but read it always.""

belly..i need your input
i need your posts...

every time..you give notice
my heart shrinks..[yes we often dissagree
but were more..*on the same side...[for the really important things]

we both are here mainly to help others
to share our lifes lessons...as best as we can
[to any who care to read our words..regardless of who is saying what]

we play the ball
not the man..[*mostly
or at least..*with that intent]

you/.."I see a reason to fear greens
in every statement Browns team makes""

well my mate/brother..logic dictates
he must have said at least one thing...you agree with

and if you cant think of one thing
ask yourself how come you havnt

this might be a clue?
''but my side,left of center..wants to silence me?""

mate what if?..[the right side
has completly drowned out anything
you could agree with..as said by that greenie[ratter]

mate you know..every body
has a good side as well as a bad side
but realise no one is all bad...[ok hitler bad as the bsturd is..was a greenie..he would LOVE this new tax]..ie you AGREE WITH HITLER..yet cant agree with the green-homo-erectus?

it just dont make sense

in saying it dont sense...*refer's
to the words...i just used

""Abbott,[edited]..Has Toured Factory's EVERY sitting day!""

and juliar is going to do the same
[ie media whoring...that toney has done
ie go onto the road...for media spin oppertuinities
not having a debate in parlement

ie hitting the media trail
during the winter recess

ie copying THE SAME what tony has ben doing
but hitting the road..with her spin..
as tested in many workshop focus groups]

""highlighting his fear campaign""

highlighting HER fear cam,pain[the sky is melting
at the reef..the reef will die...GET IT?

""against the carbon tax}}
the same as juliar will be doing it FOR the carborn tax

Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 5:03:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu:>> I really don't understand much of this climate change philosophy. But I do see evidence of 'man made' airborne polution enveloping our big cities every so often, and I reckon we should/must do somthing about that, if for no other reason than maintaining clean air in which to breathe.<<

O there are facts and fiction in this debate. Some facts are, in the past century the average temp has risen between 05C to 07C of a degree. Although in the past 10 years the globe has cooled. The fiction is that the climate scientists can predict via modeling, which is guessing, anything based on the two previous facts.

My take on it is this.
When the Green movement gained wider acceptance in the 1960's and 1970's the target was the polluters. The Greens wanted the "money" to invest in greener technologies and spend on R&D to clean up their air, land, and water emissions. So the green movement lobbied the politicians to put in legislations that would force the "money" to invest in these technologies, and many substantial filtering systems were built into new manufacturing and power plants.

The "money" was going to have to clean up their act; at substantial costs to the "moneys" profit. So they put in place a strategy to shift the onus of responsibility to the consumer, as verified in the utterances of The Club of Rome. The “money” hijacked the greens by "marketing" the green message. The oil companies ran spin regarding doing their bit for the environment, the mining companies did the same and you could walk into a trendy clothing shop and buy a tee shirt with some green or environmental message on.

TBC
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 5:05:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
They got "stars" and "celebrities" to do spin pieces on how they as "superstars" have a green conscience, and are doing their bit personally to clean up their OWN personal polluting act as a consumer; the shift from polluter to consumer was made, and accepted. I was suspicious of this well funded global green movement, and I say that because other than the trendy professional green most environmentalists are poor folk who live a lifestyle not based totally on consumerism. As I said the movement has been hijacked to the extent that Fabian Commissar Gillard is going to tax the consumer and give it to the polluter. As I said the green movement is owned by a handful that own or control the monetary system, trade system and manufacturing.

O the air hanging over our heads primarily comes from the internal combustion engine, we have no factories left. If the “money” were forced to move away from fossil fuels tomorrow, they would have us up to speed within a decade with alternatives, but they own and control fossil fuels.
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 5:05:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,
Can you find anything that repudiates this

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/million-to-spin-up-carbon-stories/story-e6freuzr-1226085258662

Apparently adds went in papers yesterday and it was on TV news last night.

This is gross misuse of public monies, no wonder I am a cynic.
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 5:41:00 PM
Banjo this nation is under attack from it's own parliament, it is as simple as that, we are being used like a $20 whore, they can do anything to us, and they are.
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 6:31:48 PM
sonofgloin,
I always thought that global warming is an indicator for another ice -age. Don't we have one every 10000 years ?
I don't think it really matters what we do or think, the planet will do what it is designed for. An ice age every ten thousand years. Labor's carbon tax might postpone the next ice age by half an hour but that's about all there's to it.
Also, the sixth epoch, the last of the epochs is lining up for 2012. If that's true than the carbon tax merely ensures that workers are fleeced up to the last moment.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 7:25:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy