The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Labors worthless rhetoric.

Labors worthless rhetoric.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Lexi,

I was just winding up wobbles. He is an empty vessel, all he can do is slag off the coalition and cannot provide anything to back this up.

Belly

Although Labor has not the guts to submit the policy to the parliament before the break, they are selectively drip feeding information to the press. In spite of the selective nature, it is becoming clear that this policy has been compromised so much that it is looking far from revenue neutral, and will cost the taxpayer as much as the coalition's direct action plan, on top of the carbon tax.

I am looking forward to the action, and I don't think it will go Juliar's way.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 7 July 2011 12:48:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not "an empty vessel" and I don't need to back up the bleeding obvious.

I may criticise the Libs (and that's getting easier) but I am not part of the rabid Labor cheer squad either.

At least I'm prepared to call it as I see it and not through rose-tinted, partisan-driven half-truths.

The only significant difference between the two is marketting plus their ability to capture and control public opinion through a compliant media.

Both sides use bogus "think tank" and "Institute" strategies to back up their policies but only one side has it down to a fine art (and it's not Gillard).

People should realise that if those naughty Independents voted the other way, Abbott would now be granting their wishes too and be facing exactly the same Senate as Gillard is now.

Abbott is said to have told them he "would do anything to be PM" and that would likely have included a Carbon Tax, the NBN, gambling restrictions, a mining tax and all those other things that the Independents wanted.

Nothing will significantly change until there is a double dissolution and that's not about to happen any time soon, no matter how much the LNP try.
Posted by wobbles, Thursday, 7 July 2011 1:41:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well now,
I am as guilty as the rest of you of slamming politicians for whom I didn't vote., but at the end of the day, we should all (including myself) respect each others choice of who they want to elect and support. That is what our great Democracy is all about, I believe that it is called 'freedom of choice', can you imagine what our Australian world would be like if that freedom was suddenly denied us?
Noisy Scrub Bird
Posted by Noisy Scrub Bird, Thursday, 7 July 2011 5:07:09 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/senator-wants-five-liberal-colleagues-dumped-over-federal-election-defeat-20110707-1h4uv.html
This thread would have us believe Tiny Tony's team is a group of Angels.
The link reminds us this is far from true.
And that impending revolt is near in the race away from Liberalism toward the American far right brand of Republicanism.
PS
OUG!
you beauty!
Posted by Belly, Friday, 8 July 2011 4:18:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy