The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Labors worthless rhetoric.

Labors worthless rhetoric.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/commentary/mps-free-to-talk-if-they-have-leaders-approval/story-e6frgd0x-1226088410418
Hopefully room exists to look at the very real mess on the other side, control, one man team and the endless lies
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 10:41:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly

The final paragraph in your link:

"There are tensions brewing to the surface in the Liberal Party. Lucky for Abbott he is dominant in the polls. Were that not the case, Liberal divisions could become a bigger story."

I cannot, for the life of me, understand Abbott's popularity. What does this say about the mainstream voter? The man is a walking disaster, as ignorant as he is obstinate. If integrity could be said to exist within any member of the Liberals, I'd have to endorse Turnbull, were it not for the Gordon Grech affair.

Liberals: if they can't smear others, they throw sh1t over themselves. Not a party that is either a worthy opposition or future government.
Posted by Ammonite, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 11:01:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ammonite Gday, I too would have once said I can not understand Abbott's popularity.
But I learned a long time ago, mud sticks.
So too some are ever willing to form opinions based on,well who shouts the loudest.
Joe the flying Peanut spoke a foreign language but he did it loudly, impressing some.
Today, watch this space, those who would be unable to give reasons of substance, say he was Godlike.
Every such person in history has fallen, on the sword they rise to the top on,their words and actions first rise then bring the fall.
After Abbott, after history judges him,and our views are seen to be no far wrong, few will claim ownership of views they throw at us here.
We have waited Sunday begins a trip that ends with smiles for me and I think you.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 1:56:23 PM
wobbles:>> SonofGloin, You should be VERY interested in what the Opposition is saying and doing - considering they are the only alternative.
If you don't like what Labor are doing, those unprincipled liars waiting in the wings may have a few nasty surprises of their own in store.<<

I have no doubt about that wobbles, but I have to take the overwhelming problems that arrived with Rudd and factor down to something that I can adjudicate on. I have given up on free the slaves and clothe the whales because the future of my Country lays in the hands of delusional Fabian post grad adult ideologues who consider themselves part of the global intelligencia.

So I am going with economic record of the past 70 years. The Labor party has always entered office with the budget in surplus. The Labor party has always handed over office with the budget in deficit, each larger than the former, and this one will be the largest in Australia’s history.
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 6:18:20 PM
Yes a budget in surplus SOG but nothing spent on infrastructure.

We seem to have one party who spend willy nilly without due care nor proper oversight, and another who collect the same amount of tax revenue but do nothing of value with it but hand it out in middle class and corporate welfare while slagging off the disadvantaged.

It is Hobson's Choice, While there are two alternatives, the fact is a vote for either amounts essentially to the same outcome.
Posted by pelican, Wednesday, 6 July 2011 10:35:46 PM
Well said, Pelican.

Middle-class welfare came into into it's own under the Howard government, and now its standard operating procedure for both parties as a vote buying strategy.

With both parties beholden to the stewardship of an economic system that produced the GFC, it's simply a case of business as usual - apparently with our tacit approval.

Why is it that we have ended up with a two party system where they seem to morph into one odious political entity? I can barely bring myself to watch the news or read the papers these days without feeling nauseated by the parlous state of federal politics in this country. Why do we stand for it?
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 7 July 2011 5:33:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy