The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australia and the Global responsibility in the Middle East.

Australia and the Global responsibility in the Middle East.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Syria and the King!
Syria is counting the victims. The government of Syria is committing crimes against humanity as described in the Universal declaration of Human Rights. The King must be put under arrest by the International Criminal Court and trialled. Do you subscribe to this Point of View? Should this version be presented as a poll rate this topic and present it as a Poll online for a
global vote.
http://globalivote.org/forums/topic.php?id=24
Posted by gavroche, Tuesday, 26 April 2011 9:03:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My Friend I want a much better life for all in this part of the world.
Will sign any place.
But do not forget, ever,every western intervention of any kind, sees hate unleashed against us.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 27 April 2011 5:11:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
i dont know the facts
i dont trust the media

i dont trust israel..[who got defeated by this same mob]
only a few years ago

it all just seems suss
the media lies
israelies control the media
slaves must want their own freedom
will dropping mutative munitions fix the real problem

will cluster bombs fix things
will assasination help

the mossad could easy be stiring the pot
is it all just a plot

the past should not be forgot
we declare another war
for what

lets end a few
before beginning yet another one

lets try something new

too many kids have died
for what?

a land even god has forgot
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 27 April 2011 9:38:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
gavroche,

Many might find it really offensive when Australians assign activism for international human rights above our own. We have more than enough HR tragedies at home. Can you focus first upon our long term, festering, divisive and utterly disgusting efforts to resolve our Australian aboriginal Human Rights tragedy? Then perhaps we could look at the 100,000 homeless sleeping rough every night, 30,000 of whom are under the age of 30? Then we could perhaps consider some of our own socio-economic victims, then perhaps our mentally ill, aged, disabled and long term unemployed. Then we could address some of the refugee problems on our doorstep in detention centre’s on Australian soil?

I have to wonder where HR activists have been for the past 50 years. Where were they when all these Middle East dictatorships declared totalitarian power through martial law, states of emergency to establish military, religious and benign dictatorships? Where were they when Syria invaded the West Bank in 1948? Or again in 1966? Or gained military and political intervention in Lebanon? Or became the nuclear technology clearance centre for Pakistan and Iran? Or provided funds, technology and weapons to terrorist organisations threatening the West?

Syria has been persecuting, abusing, terrorizing, torturing and murdering its people for 45 years. It is a Baathist based Military Dictatorship. Where on earth have you been?

Where do you stand on Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Sudan, Qatar, the rest of Emirates and Somalia, not to mention most African and South American states?

Is this convenient amnesia? Or is this just staggering ignorance?

When you have cleared some of the festering sores in Australia, you can put some effort into learning something about History. This will give you fact, context and relevance to begin to understand international HR. With that you can then apply some common sense instead of ill informed, misdirected and emotively driven activism
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 27 April 2011 10:33:31 AM
Well I would be very happy if the King of Syria were arrested and democracy installed;

To the point any one country assumes the right to do this to another (override authority and imprison former rulers) is a regrettable (but arguably important) snag in doing this.
Posted by King Hazza, Wednesday, 27 April 2011 10:50:32 AM
gavroche,

sorry I neglected to mention that the last King of Syria, the Hashemite King Faisal, departed in about 1936. Syria was recognized formally as a republic in 1944. The Assad family has run the business since 1970. So if it is the King of Syria you are looking to blame and put under arrest, you’re going to have to dig the poor sod up!

Like I suggested in my response to you, it’s time you learned something about history before shooting from the lip!
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 27 April 2011 11:23:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy