The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Royal Wedding, Roll on Republic!

Royal Wedding, Roll on Republic!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Hard to take royalists are saying the coming wedding will restore the Royal family's position, here in Australia.
OK its a girl thing but surely others cringe at the thought?
Every word annoys me that goes for our so called Australian princess in another land.
Rather watch the footy than that wedding.
lets have our Republic and our new flag please.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 11 February 2011 6:23:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Surely there is some

Homeopathic cure for

This Royal disease?
Posted by Shintaro, Friday, 11 February 2011 10:12:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Roll on republic.
Posted by a597, Friday, 11 February 2011 11:41:35 AM
The sad part is Republic or not, we'd still be subject to these boring Royal Wedding news coverage, and taxpayer funded Royal visits.
Whatever
Roll on the Republic!
(so long as Ted Mack gets to write the new constitution- he seems to be the only Republican who actually has good, tangible ideas instead of wishy-washy nice feelings).
Posted by King Hazza, Friday, 11 February 2011 12:07:12 PM
I for one will be watching the Royal Wedding - it's history in the making afterall. I remember being in London years ago and doing all the usual touristy things - and being totally impressed by the historical aspects of what I was viewing - the same goes for Europe - be it Rome, Florence, or Pompeii. This as far as I'm concerned I can
separate from the "Republic" question - as far as that goes - yes, bring it one! The Royal Family as far as I'm concerned belongs in
Britain - not Australia. But I can still enjoy watching the spectacle on TV - the same as I enjoy watching the Oscars, and other entertainment.
Posted by Lexi, Friday, 11 February 2011 12:28:28 PM
It is Lexi A girl thing.
Always been a Republican, think we should have a new flag and gee why not a national anthem we know the words to.
Royal family, rich family, pompous family boring family.
HM the Queen,quaint but she actually has trained mice who if she puts her purse on the ground near her table,shuffle her neighbor to another seat.
An Australian PM put his arm around the old girls back and we all nearly had a fit!
Would prefer standing naked in a thunder storm to watching middle class twits parade around.
Even prefer watch Shane Warn prance in front of his crowd he told he would be there so he could be seen, roll on Republic.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 11 February 2011 2:58:52 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy