The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Man who would be....GOD.

The Man who would be....GOD.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
It all depends, I suppose, on how your prejudices line up, Boaz.

>>That my dear Perilous is EXACTLY how it is. "The rape of Europa"
Read what you like into that woman on a bull...but the myth is very interesting because in our view Europe is being raped from every direction possible and then some.<<

It was "In Plain Sight" who "read into" the image, not I. They claimed that Europa was a “great harlot”.

You and I agree that the myth recounts that she was taken against her will. I hope that you don't assume, as some extremists do, because she was raped, she must by definition be a harlot?

And who is raping Europe, by the way?

From what I have seen and read, Ireland is suffering the necessary withdrawal pain from two decades of profligacy, and an over-reliance on borrowing to fuel property inflation. While Greece is trying to adjust to what most people consider a normal, productive work environment.

In between, we have the UK attempting to reverse the massive bloat that Gordon Brown built into the Public Service, and France making its usual fuss about having to work at all.

Oh, and the Germans are simply getting on with it, in their usual industrious fashion, bless 'em.

So the "Europe is being raped" view seems a touch far-fetched. Unless of course you consider that it is possible for rape to be self-inflicted. In which case you are right on the money.

Incidentally, when you say "our", as in "in our view", on whose behalf are you presenting the opinion?

I am intrigued particularly because you follow it up with:

>>You need to distinguish between 'my views' and 'views I report for discussion'.<<

I may need some help in separating the two, Boaz. For example, is it your own view that Europe is being raped? Or are you simply reporting it for discussion? In which case, who or what is your source?
Posted by Pericles, Friday, 19 November 2010 9:22:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy