The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The year 2030

The year 2030

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
AH the invasion of the web page owners, funny but looking for some one to read your page this way seems painful.
So if income was zero you get nine grand, and all other HANDOUTS ARE BARED?
Pensions? cripples who may be you or me? rat bag idea the whole thing is too silly.
Get a big fence, make it high, send the poor to starve to death there, hang on lets get some gas and ovens, no been done.
Welfare reform yes, but not this, not anything like that silly hurtful idea all on welfare are bludgers.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 5:58:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The simple facts are that what ever we do with taxes, they must increase in some way, otherwise tomorrows retirees simply won't be able to survive as succesive governments for years have failed to save for peoples retirements. Instead, their answers have been to burdon employers with ever increasing superanuation contributions, soon the be increased, which ultimately results in increased costs of running a business.

What governments should have done was place a portion of taxes paid into the tax payers super, had employers contribute say 5% in super and, if the individual wanted for a higher standard of retirement, save thier own super.

The other failure is that those who contribute the most in taxes, receive the least in support when they retire and this is wrong and creates dishonesty.

Most everything else in life, the more you pay, the more you get, except for taxes.

And belly, it is only you who suggests we treat welfare recipients as 'bludgers', or at least that's what you accuse us of.

I acknowledge that not all welfare recipients are bludgers however, wefare used to be for those who were out of work. Now it has become more of a 'top up' scheme and has produced generations of people who consider thier 'hand outs' and how they may be effected prior to accepting either a job, and or overtime. This is where the problem lies.

But, most of you are missing the point of the thread.

The previos 20 years have seen tarrifs depleted, aguculture being almost whiped out, manufacturing all but gone and due to the low US dollar, tourisum is on its knees.

So they say, let's tax the miners. Der! It's about the only thing left.

Don't shoot the messenger, simply consider where we will be in 20 years if nothing changes. This is the issue and failure is simply not an option any of us can accept.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 8:01:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"None of these groups are doin' us all a favour like they'd have you believe"

Your comments only demonstrate what I have realised this year on OLO about you "H". Regardless of your vintage, you are tunnell visioned, cynical and bare a grudge generalising about business people which has blinded you to the facts that farmers and graziers, among business people" are the backbone who support yourself and others.

Agreed on the part 'I dont believe'; strongly disagree on your narrow minded opinion that those people listed are not doing you or anyone else a favour.

Delete your list of people and the economy will collapse altogether.
Posted by we are unique, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 10:57:42 PM
Business people don't go into business to create jobs, they go into business to create wealth and to provide a life style for themselves, well, at least that's the objective.

Now that's all well and good, but succesive labor governments, in conjuction with unions, have fought tooth and nail for the rights of workers, however, along the way they have taken away the rights of many employers. The end result has been a huge increase in inovative equipment, which by the way, costs jobs.

The logic behind offering incentive to buy equipment, while making employing less attractive, is simply an no brainer.

Rights like, who you can and can't employ. Or, the flexability to employ staff when they are needed, as depicted by the bussiness, without being penalised for it.

School kids can no longer work 2 hr shifts. What on earth was wrong with that? Now it's back to mum and dad for financial support.

And those of you who think your job is not the result of someones risk, wake up and smell the roses.

My mate with the three restaurants has just been gifted with a $14,000 pay roll tax bill. Oops, he employed to many staff! Best he look for a way to correct that hey.

Like it or not, we are headed on a down hill spiral and unless there are some very serious reforms, poverty will come a knocking for many more in the next 10 to 20 years.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 2 September 2010 7:02:09 AM
@Pericles

>>...all my ideas are outlined on my website, please feel free to contribute or criticize<<

I meant feel free to criticize the ideas, not the act of creating a website.

I am looking for genuine debate in regards to the ideas mentioned and you are welcome argue against any of my proposals, minus the personal insults.

They have been summarized a great deal to make them more palatable, so the finer points would not be apparent with a superficial reading.

Perhaps by doing so I failed to express myself correctly but Im confident that many of these ideas have merit.

Regards,
Sam (Future of Australia)
https://sites.google.com/site/futureofaustralia/
Posted by future of australia, Thursday, 2 September 2010 10:19:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rehctub's vision is basically just the old rehashed fundamentalist, politically correct, far right wing agenda of how people must live if we are to survive. There's no room for true diversity in that brave new world; you have 2 choices there (1) abide by and obey the "system" or (2)suffer, struggle and perish.

The further to the right we go, our human rights are diminished, despite the spin: Just like the further to the left we go, our human rights are diminished, despite the spin.

It's the same old story, repeated decade after decade, century after century.

But the far left and far right ideologues are convinced that "their" way is the right way. When will we ever learn? Probably never.
Posted by TZ52HX, Thursday, 2 September 2010 1:04:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy