The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The year 2030

The year 2030

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Houellebecq,

I'm with you most of the way on this one.

I've yet to meet a small business owner who wasn't in business for personal profit rather than providing a mechanism for employment for the public good.

That's why many dream of getting big enough to go off-shore or outsourcing to maximise profits.

That's why Work Choices was created and the term "unfair dismissal" has an entirely different meaning to them.

There were some small business owners that tried so hard to make a quick buck from the public purse not so long ago that cost the lives of 4 insulation installers.
Posted by wobbles, Tuesday, 31 August 2010 11:32:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In twenty years I think. the western world will have even more internal strife as a result of religious differences.
Far less however attend any church.
We will have had more terrorist acts big ones and more wars small ones.
The thought we can put flowers in the barrels of our guns will be seen far less as the reality both sides need to do it, and never will takes over.
Welfare will be far different but if rechtub is still alive he will not be.
We will by then, yes short time but true have the successor to the NBN , it having proved its value , radio will take over using existing and new towers and both land lines phone and computer will be no longer used.
Australians will still demand much from its politicians, then complain about the spending.
The National party will no longer exist,being part of the Liberals.
Both Liberals and Labor will have rump party's, made to harvest preferences.
Greens, after two DD elections in those twenty years will be better lead and while unable to control the senate or the votes of 85% of voters will be growing constructively again from its 4% base.
IF both sides of politics want to we will have a better system of voting one vote one value for me.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 5:28:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rehctub

You might be interested in the policies of the ldp: see ldp.org.au

Their policy - "30/30" - is to reform social security and tax together as follows.

The tax rate for everyone, including corporations, is 30% for all income over $30,000. This removes the incentive for jiggery-pokery by shuffling funds between private persons and corporations; eliminates the whole industry of tax evasions and tax accountants.

For income under $30,000, you get a handout equal to 30% of the difference between what you earn, and $30,000. So if you earn $0, you get a handout of 30% x $30,000 = $9,000.

But if you earn $10,000, you get a handout of 30% of the difference between $10,000 and $30,000 = 30% x $20,000 = $6,000. So your income is $10,000 you earnt plus $6,000 handout = $16,000.

All other social security handouts are abolished.

This abolishes the poverty trap. It means that no matter your income, you will always be better off by earning more.

While it doesn't get rid of handouts, it makes them fairer and uniform, greatly simplifies the tax system and makes it fairer and uniform, and makes everyone better off for working and earning, while still providing handouts for those who cannot or will not earn for themselves.
Posted by Sienna, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 12:04:19 PM
In my opinion a progressive rate of tax is in the best interest of the nation. What I think should be done, is to cancel all tax rebates; therefore simplifying the system, and to reduce all the rates of tax. (and greatly reduce the costs of running the Tax Office)

for example there would be no more fringe benefit rebates, with which people get away with paying little or no tax.

all my ideas are outlined on my website, please feel free to contribute or criticize.

https://sites.google.com/site/futureofaustralia/home
Posted by future of australia, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 2:30:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Are you sure you mean this, future of australia?

>>...all my ideas are outlined on my website, please feel free to contribute or criticize<<

There comes a time, when it needs to be said.

Stop, already.

I know that it is incredibly easy to set up a web site. And to populate that web site with anything you like.

All the wacky notions, that occur to you when you're lying in the bath, or gazing (too hard, too long) at the moon and stars.

All the ideas that spring into your head after the third glass of red, or the fifth toke, or in that bizarrest spot, half way between waking and sleeping when you're not quite sure what is real and what is dream.

I know, it is a perfectly natural human activity. Twelve year-old girls do it best, when they confide in their diaries all those random thoughts that bustle and collide in their soon-to-be adolescent brains about, like, boys and like new bffs, and like, whatever.

But please, just because it is easy to do, doesn't mean that you have to do it.

Especially where other people can read it. More so, when you actually invite people to read it.

I've just lost fifteen minutes of my life, that I will never get back, reading your stream-of-consciousness brain-dump.

"Reportedly 'disappointed' by the reception of his poem, Grunthos then prepared to read his 12-book epic, My Favourite Bathtime Gurgles. He was prevented from doing so when his small intestine leapt up his neck and throttled his brain in a desperate bid to save civilization, killing him." Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy,

I hope for your sake you have a more tolerant stomach.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 4:33:46 PM
Pericles:"I've just lost fifteen minutes of my life, that I will never get back"

Serves you right.
Posted by Antiseptic, Wednesday, 1 September 2010 4:39:01 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy