The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbott and the Raving Looney Party

Abbott and the Raving Looney Party

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Sorry geoffrey but I found Foxy's post entertaining as well and her follow up post a spot synopsis.Apologies to both for interrupting but I am now one of the fluid types that foxy refers too.
Posted by thinker 2, Monday, 22 February 2010 6:24:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy, yes, you really ought to learn to quote correctly. When you quote quantitative statistics it pays to quote them accurately. Especially when you fail to comment on my statistics about nuclear energy and the 10,000 deaths that people like you have inflicted on workers in the Australian fossil fuel industry.

Under the Hawke/Keating govts. the real wage increased about 13% in 13 years, and tax was reduced a little, but not by much. We all remember Keating’s tax laws promises. Remember foxy, it pays to watch the facts and not paraphrase them. Under the Howard Govt. we saw real wages rise by about 45% and tax drop by about a third. In 1994 under Keating, my girls at work were paying between 25% and 30 % income tax.

Today, a girl on $1000.00 a week pays $195.00 tax, or 19.5%. The Howard Govt. increased real wages far more than the Hawke/Keating govt. and brought taxes down.

Somehow the ALP managed to twist the facts and claim that today’s young people were paying a much higher percentage of their income in home loans. Of course they were! I would be really angry with my son if he was not spending over 30% of his take home pay on his mortgage!

Now I will make a comment that leaves me really vulnerable. I cannot believe the Australian people threw out the best govt. I can remember. I am at a complete loss.
Posted by geoffreykelley, Monday, 22 February 2010 8:20:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
GK, the people threw out the previous government for two reasons.

1. Because the unions spent around $10 million (of members money) to mount a clever scare camp over workchoices which, in fact, effected very few workers on the grand scale of thing. But the voters bought it, hook, line and sinker.

2. The other voters, for reasons only they can explain decided it was time for a change.

Many voters had never seen better times. They had great high paying jobs, great homes, cars, boats etc, yet, they decided on a change.

They are now 'lost soles', as the party they voted for is a lie and, the party the voted out has gone.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 22 February 2010 9:12:03 PM
Dear Geoffrey,

" Every person takes the limb
of their own field of vision
for the limits of the world."
(German philosopher - Arthur Schopenhauer).
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 February 2010 10:02:04 PM
Foxy keep the humor coming I loved it.
You however will never out do rechtub and GK, their last posts here got me ROFL.
We face a year that you and I should not fear.
Dirty pool, unfocused lies, fear and all.
Yet Abbott with zero chance of winning is running his last race in the Parliament.
We will win, think of the the devisions in this country if we did not.
My fears however are real and intense, the impending fall of the very right in conservatives will lead to a stronger more flexible conservatives.
They will return to office, in about 2020.
Talk about humor poor old rechtub thinks only those who vote his way get it right, and GK?
Well who cares what GK thinks best government ever!
Chuckling all the way to work.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 5:17:28 AM
How someone like belly can find this ammusing baffles me.

Here we have a situation whereby our financial future, for generations to come, is at stake and, these incompitent fools may well get back in simply because those oppossing, in the eyes of the voters, may not be up for the task.

It is typicle of 'one eyed unionists' to have the 'win at any cost' attitude, however, the real issue at stake here is the financial future of our great nation.

I just hope that the voters can see that Krudd and his crew are duds and that any alternative would be worth a shot.

Polotics in this country is once again lowering the bar!
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 23 February 2010 9:28:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy