The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbott and the Raving Looney Party

Abbott and the Raving Looney Party

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
I thought the Howard Govt fell because it was tainted with doctrine, and was subsequently smashed at an election in which the Prime Minister lost his own seat.

Regardless of this past result, the remnants of the Howard Govt led by Tony Abbott with a new knock and block policy instead of the old one, of just blocking the Govt and bumbling or arguing over policy, now plan to introduce the bits we liked about Workchoices.

The problem is (from a workers point of view), I cant remember any of the bits I liked about Workchoices. In fact I can remember thinking the whole idea was an abrogation of both human and civil rights.

Good luck Tony in selling that one!. However, the new raving looney version of the Liberal party is a might scary and very tricky, prompting my entry into the party political end of discussions.

As for the Rudd Govt, an average to reasonable performance all things considered, but changes like the enforced filtering of information on the Internet, with an unpublished or secret list of blocked sites is also an abrogation of rights. Planned changes in criminal law reversing to the onus of proof from the accuser to the accused are a mistake and would prevent me from voting for them again. I regard both of the above changes as instruments for future totalitarian inclined Govt's to control as opposed to just govern. Attractions for the corrupt to seek office.

Is it fair to suggest that the Rudd Govt is also suffering from doctrine, from it's own raving looney version, that it's naivety is evidence of it's sheltered churchy upbringing.

As a declared civil libertarian and atheist there is no choice for me offered at the next election from major parties. The Govt we have doesn't represent my view and the opposition scares the daylights out of me. The Greens?.
Posted by thinker 2, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 4:28:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I will receive a verbal kicking for this but you are quite right.
This Abbott lead party is performing better, but using miss information and fear to do so.
It will still be beaten and Abbott will still leave politics without achieving anything.
Remember, look deeper into the actions that high jacked conservatives.
See its root sin the very right of NSW it has grown like a wart on Liberalism for a long time.
Look too at the revolting spokes people for this party you will find no true Liberals out in front.
Foolish people contend all politicians do not serve us well, rubbish but I challenge them to say this is wrong.
Australia will continue for generations to be governed by middle of the road partys.
Labor holds much ground conservatives once held.
Rather than being the alternative government Liberalism has been stampeded buy a few ultra conservatives further right.
If I had twenty years to live I would see a return to Liberalism, and government by the new direction people that will retake the party.
I would see those same people look back at late ;last year from within the Liberal party, and rightly, vilify those who stole the party, no election wins for this lost Right wing mob.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 6:10:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
miss information ?
belly, is she one of the left ?
I agree that the conservatives do not display an ideal party picture. If I had my way I'd simply expel Malcolm Turnbull. He is a sad loser & now has turned silly enough to cause major damage.
I also feel that Tony Abbott will go through the same humiliating leftist media portrayal as did John Howard but, just as Howard did, Tony Abbott too will jump these disgusting hurdles & be a future PM.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 7:11:52 PM
So T2, be honnest here, were you directly effected by WC, if so, how?

And, assuming you are still working, are you now better off under the new modernised award system?

Are you also aware that many small businesses may close, either altogether, or do less hours due to the imposition of penilty rates for weekends.

My brother owns restaurants and the day the new award came in he saw $100,000 per annum comming off his bottom line simply due to penilty rates.

He now shuts weekday lunches which has put 10 part timers out of work.

How smart is that!

These workers were quite happy with the arrangements they had, now they are certainly worse off.

Just face it, Rudd is a dud!
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 7:32:40 PM
Thankfully the lies, misinformation, deceit and mythology espoused by Ms Wong and Mr Rudd in regard to global warming is now well documented. Even Mr Osama (as our beloved QLD Premier calls him) is going nuke knowing that his previous lies have been exposed as he digs himself out of the snow. Abbott might be a loony but is certainly a lot more honest than Mr Rudd and Ms Wong. You could also add Mr Garret to that list.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 7:51:22 PM
This conundrum has been the same ole, same ole for as long as I can remember.

Vote for me, I'm starting the AAP (Australian Anarchy party). Most of the country is already living that way anyway, so we couldn't do much worse than the bozo's currently trying.
The only policy we need is the current ALP's one: Do nothing and stuff up everything we say we're gunna do. It won't even take a full term, which just shows how incompetent they really are :)
Posted by RawMustard, Wednesday, 17 February 2010 9:18:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy