The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Monckton's New Party Concept

Monckton's New Party Concept

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Okay Penticle,
When you have a relationship you bother to get to know the other person and only a fool would trust an unreliable person. As you rightly say people from 3rd world countrys have fewer choices than we have But they can still do what they can and trust Jesus with the rest. When I was young my grandmother instilled in me the value of my word for if you keep your word people respect you. Well the ones I want to respect me are my wife and family not other people. I take Jesus at his word and as he now resides in heaven I only have his word and his Spirit to rely on. That word tells me that we perish from lack of knowledge so it is our job to read and meditate on his word. It is the Holy Spirit's job to teach me the truth or understanding of his word. My wife comes from a 3rd world catholic country where due to lack of knowledge and religious beliefs they did not practice any form of birth control and as a result many poor families had children who starve to death because there is not enough money to go around. So what is the answer, more money or more knowledge. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him to fish and you feed him for a life time.
As they know and trust me I have been successful in implementing family planing with family members. My wife is my best support because I try to keep my word in all things. All we have in life is our name and our word and if we don,t respect that we receive no respect from others. Sowing and rearing.
Posted by Richie 10, Wednesday, 27 January 2010 4:25:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles, Monckton may be a bit of an opportunist,but his barrow is quite full.I'll gladly use his expertise to get the message across.

Pericles,do you agree with hidden agenda of a world govt bound up within the Copenhagen Treaty.What say you?
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 27 January 2010 10:06:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Pericle,
I regularly watch Glen Beck because he uncovers what future our politicians are planing.
I love the Lords words to Joshua the son of Nun when they were about to enter the promised land. "Be strong and very courageous,that you may observe to do acording to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to thr right hand or the left, that you may prosper whereever you go. this Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it.For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success, have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
We do not know the future only our past. If we don't learn from our past we repeat our mistakes. The future is either an adventure we eagerly look forward to or we are afraid and approach with fear and trembling according to what we dwell on in our thoughts.
I spent the day resently with one of my friends having a look at his property. He had an accident and is a quadraplegic. If he dwells on his circumstances he would give up but as we toured about and as he saw what he had acomplished he came alive with energy and hope for the future for the best is yet to come. He chose not to give up but to go on and embrace life to the fullest against all the well meaning advice of others. There are lots of things he no longer can do but he choses to dwell on what he can do. What an encouragement.
If you do not understand what I am talking about you have two choices
1. give up and say "what a bloody idiot".
2. meditate on these words until the understanding comes.
regards Richie 10
Posted by Richie 10, Thursday, 28 January 2010 2:25:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My problem with Monckton, Arjay, is that he gives climate scepticism such a bad name.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2009/dec/10/viscount-monckton-ukip

As for his world government "revelations", they are nothing more than the fantasies of a superannuated chinless wonder with delusions of grandeur.

He has a history of exaggeration and self-promotion.

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Aristocrat-admits-tale-of-lost.3340554.jp

So I'm afraid that he's not the poster-boy for enlightenment that some would have you believe. My only question is how has he succeeded in fooling so many people so quickly?

My own theory is that as a member of the first generation of hereditary peers that does not automatically take a seat in the House of Lords, he feels cheated. Especially galling must have been when he stood for election, and received zero votes.

That must have hurt.

So my advice would be to take everything he says with a healthy pinch of salt.

And I'm sorry, Richie 10, but I'm going to have to bow out of our little chat, as your posts make less and less sense each time. I couldn't quite believe you said this, for example, without comment.

>>He chose not to give up but to go on and embrace life to the fullest against all the well meaning advice of others.<<

Are you seriously suggesting that this poor guy was surrounded by people telling him to give up?

With friends like that, who the hell needs enemies?

Which is pretty much how I feel about Monckton being a climate sceptic.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 28 January 2010 8:02:22 AM
Dear pericle,
I know because he told me so, and as I was told the same thing when I had a major stroke and was written of by doctors as a dead man walking. Something else my grandma told me, if you are not planing a future you are a dead man ---- walking or existing and that is not life.
From your opinion of Munckton I would hazard a guess that you have a pretty low opinion of other opinions that disagree with yours.
Richie 10
Posted by Richie 10, Thursday, 28 January 2010 8:41:48 AM
After seeing a TV interview Monckton gave recently, I'm of the opinion he's no better than Al Gore. They're both extreme evangelists, just on opposing edges of the debate. The only good thing about them is they neutralise each other in the debate.

Same with Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin - they only spring to life when their equal and opposites on the Democratic side of politics do. You know the world will be a better and less extreme place when these people act like matter and anti-matter pairs and annihilate each other on contact.
Posted by RobP, Thursday, 28 January 2010 9:13:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy