The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Tiger In Bed?

A Tiger In Bed?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
Foxy,

Old person's saying "If you choose to live at the top of a mountain, you should more careful about what you do, than a person in the valley"
E 33

In other words if you choose the riches, adoration etc of a celebrity, be aware that it can be taken away just as quickly. He chose the life style he has to accept the costs.
Posted by examinator, Monday, 7 December 2009 7:59:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear examinator,

There's these two oldies as well:

"Try not to be a succes, but
rather try to become a man of value."

Or alternatively:

"Fame is vapour, popularity an accident,
riches take wings.
Only one thing endures, and that is character."

But my favourite is:

"He took his misfortune like a man -
he blamed it on his wife."
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 7 December 2009 8:25:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Great jokes Pericles. I love the way that they arise spontaneously in response to events that catch people's attention en masse.

Conversation at the pub tonight:

Harry: I hear Tiger Woods has changed his name.

Morgan: Oh yeah?

Harry: Yeah. He's now "Cheetah" Woods.

[Everybody laughs]

Morgan : I heard he said he didn't do it - I reckon he's "Lion" Woods.

[More laughter, then Pericles' jokes, almost verbatim)

Of course he's screwing around. He's an extremely wealthy, famous and attractive man in the prime of his life who is apparently doing just what he likes. And very good luck to him. Shame about the missus.

Unfortunately the media vultures have pounced, which is of course part of the territory that he occupies. I'm afraid I don't have a great deal of sympathy for him, and I guess his wronged but allegedly violent wife will end up OK out of the whole deal. Tiger will still be rich, young and gorgeous, and even more famous than he already is.

That's entertainment, folks :)

What will be most interesting is if it affects his golf.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 7 December 2009 8:26:29 PM
"And very good luck to him. Shame about the missus."

Jolly good and what if he has acquired something nasty and infectious from his philandering that he has passed on to 'the missus' and possibly on to the children?

Then there was the risk that his affairs could bring shame and disruption to his family, with the further risk of divorce. But wait, that has happened hasn't it?

I go along with pelican, if a husband/wife wants to play the field, there is no need to cheat, just leave.

The infuriating, vexing thing in Tiger Woods' case is that of all the beautiful, cultivated and discreet women in the world he had to consort with scrubbers.
Posted by Cornflower, Monday, 7 December 2009 10:14:06 PM
I'm not condoning his actions, Cornflower. He's a "star", and he's behaving according to script. The man's clearly a cad, but he can afford it.

The most interesting thing about Tiger Woods is his golfing prowess. Anything else is a sideshow.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 7 December 2009 10:30:44 PM
Col Rouge

<< imho men who are seen as "adulterous" are sometimes responding to something their wife is not doing.

Where the right or wrong or reasonableness of either party's behaviour lays cannot be assessed or judged remotely, only by understanding the individuals involved >>

Yes, so why suggest that a man's infidelity is the fault of his wife?

Does your 'humble' opinion lead you to that conclusion, even though you acknowledge that judgements shouldn't be made 'remotely', but only by 'understanding the individuals involved'?
Posted by Bronwyn, Monday, 7 December 2009 11:49:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All