The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > From work choices - to worse choices- it's a bit of a joke!

From work choices - to worse choices- it's a bit of a joke!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
So here we go, out with work choices and in with the new, oops, this can't be right, some workers will be much worse off under the new Ir system. There must be a mistake!

Meanwhile us tax payers have to foot the bill so Krudd and his crusade of fools can go back to the drawing board and start all over again.

If it wasn't so serious it would be funny!

Oh!, it's ok. If you think you will be worse off, you can always take legal action against the commission. Remember, these poor workers are the very people who apparently were unable to negotiate for themselves under work choices.

Wow, I wonder how they will go instigating leagal action.

Boy am I glad I had nothing to do with placing these fools in power.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 4 September 2009 6:44:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub I am amazed that you still think workers were better off under WorkChoices. Loss of penalty rates, unfair dismissal, unpaid overtime, reduction in conditions, no breaks - the Workplace Ombudsman was inundated with complaints during this period like no other time.

Even with award rates employers have the power and authority to pay more to their employees. Unions won't be out striking in the streets howling screams of unfair work practices should employers pay over the award. It is always in the power for employers to pay more.

Governments can only set suitable standards and regulatory controls for which employers must adhere. It only becomes an issue if the balance is skewed horribly toward one group over the other.

I know your big beef is unfair dismissal but it is only "unfair" dismissal that is illegal. Where there are legitimate grounds, employers have always been able to dismiss.
Posted by pelican, Saturday, 5 September 2009 10:40:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some people can see no wrong in their favorite political party no mater what they have done. Its more like someone suporting a football team that has not won a game all year.
Posted by Desmond, Saturday, 5 September 2009 1:03:56 PM
Maybe its just as well, I knew as soon as I saw the title rechtub had started this thread.
Hitting the key board rather hard I lost my first post.
However we can learn much from such as rechtub, true.
What type of world do we want?
One that say a fair days work for a fair days pay.
One that lies and says all men are equal but some must work for survival while others feast?
Here to me at least is evidence of why I can never be other than ALP.
I however am truly distressed by Rudd's and Gillards fixation on pleasing bosses unions.
On struggling out of commitments.
On ideas that say some must suffer so wealth can Be cerated.
I may, properly will not, be around in ten years, Rudd will be, his government will be.
I think ALP state governments will pay for federal watering down of work choices reforms.
And that one day a new left coalition will come to be a balance to an ALP hearing too much of bosses unions and increasingly deaf to its place of birth unions.
No workers heaven, not on my list but an Aussie fair go? yes Kevin have you ever sat down with your wife on Wednesday knowing your last few bob could buy a loaf of bread or a bottle of milk?
asking her what she wanted?
For some it is an every day thing bloke, if we need rechtubs ideas to stay in business lets fold our tents and give it away.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 5 September 2009 6:20:16 PM
Once again you have missed my point,I did not say that WC was fair. Although having said that, very few who were good at their jobs were adversly effected by WC as at least there were plenty of jobs out there if they got screwed, and not one of you can deny that!

And yes UFD is my beef.

You say that employers can follow steps to dismiss and this is my beef.

Employees can leave at will, yet employers have to jump through hoops to terminate. Once you can explain how this is fair, I will stand down on UFD.

My point on the thread however is, that how can anyone (the fair pay commision) get something so important, so very wrong.

Then Krudd simply changes the rules to riggle out of their commitment. More an election promise than a commitment I would think. (the word 'objective' is what I recall he used.

Now all was well right up until the point where all of a sudden the worker found that they would in fact be 'worse off', rather than the anticipated 'better off'.

Until that point, all was sweet!

Krudds answer, take legal action!

As I said, if it wasn't so serious it would be a joke!
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 6 September 2009 5:50:22 AM
I can explain exactly how it's fair.
any businessman worth his salt will seek the very best market for his product. In the absence of a binding contract, the businessman is free to sell his product to the whoever is prepared to pay the most, or offer the best deal.
An employee's product is his skill, his experience and his willingness to work.
Why should he not have the same rights in a free market, as the businessman?
Posted by Grim, Sunday, 6 September 2009 8:41:04 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy