The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > From work choices - to worse choices- it's a bit of a joke!

From work choices - to worse choices- it's a bit of a joke!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Belly; And it was work choices that stopped me and my mates entering work sites to put a stop to such stupidity.

Yes, good point! Let's hope this changes moving forward.

One problem employers (and unions) face in times of ubundent work is that of 'i will do what I like' attitude from employees, as they know they can find work anywhere.

My advise to unions is that they fine employees for saftey breaches if the gear is available but they refuse to use it. Why should we have to hold their hands.

Now as for turnbul, I have never thought he would be PM.

Your biggest threat does not come from the libs, rather, it comes from within, that being the labor state premiers who have had a strong hold, some for a decade or longer and have proceeded to send us broke.

Fed labor will have to contend with a huge protest vote as I recon the local bowls club could win the next qld election if they ran.

Now as for pork sausages. I sell mine for up to $15.00 per kilo, so you can be assured they are the 'real thing'.

Meat substitution is a real issue at present and some guys have been getting away with it for years. By the way, 'it's hot water' that sends them white.

So who do you recon will make the final, out of broncos, storm, ells and saints?

My pick is broncos eels final.

p.s. I don't mean to taunt you, I enjoy your comments and sometime agree.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 16 September 2009 6:33:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A lot to cover football, my team is my life love them, love the game watch any two teams play and love it.
If we get over you, big if we will battle to win parra Melbourne Canterbury for me.
You if you won well too, but we are a chance.
we have had a weakness for 12 years built into the culture of the club.
Mate know this, just today I told a boss to sack a trouble maker, member of my union.
He refuses to obey OH XS rules.
deaths injury happen no one can ignore rules without penalty's.
I had a fool sacked for refusing twice to wear a safety harness at hight, he fell but while on compo was removed from his job on my demand.
My first full time job was picking up fat and bones from Sydney butcher shops.
country kid 18 months sick or not never had a day off.
learned much about meat.
including seeing a butcher do just that, run water over beef sausages to fool a very demanding old woman.
Rudd is to increase his majority states ,mine is the worst are to have little impact on federal politics.
Last just suppose saints won by 20 Saturday.
You would have to ask what is going on wouldn't you?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 16 September 2009 6:01:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly
If unions manage to get employees and employers to tow the line with safety issue, then bring it on.

You know my only beef with unions
is that of trying to protect unrealistic pay rates, achieved mainly from an inbalance in workers v jobs.

Now just on the new IR laws, I attended a seminar recently run by AMIC.

I have less than 15 employees and, although exempt from UFD laws, I do have to consider unlawfull dismissals.

Now I gave an example which could not be answered.

At present the bonning of beef is 'an addition' to the moduels for completing a butchering apprenticeship. Crazy, but true!

So, if I were to employ a 'qualified' butcher that can't break beef and I change my shop to 'body meat' as it is known can I terminate his/her employemnt. This often occurrs depending largely on the export demand.

I suggested that as a condition of employemnt they be advised that I may change to body meat and therefore they may become redundent.

What is the view out there of this senario, should it occurr.

By the way, best of luck on saturday. As you know the saints are my 2nd pick and should the beat us I will be rooting for them all the way but I do think the broncs have to much to loose.

Have you ever been to the famous 'lang park', if not, it is a 'must do' for any footy fan as there is simply no other ground like it in this country.

By the way, if you ever do, the 'cackston' pub (not sure how to spell it) is a must, esspecially at state of origin when the 'blue's bus' goes by.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 16 September 2009 8:13:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy