The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why Do We Inhabit OLO?

Why Do We Inhabit OLO?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. All
I have some ideas but even I do not totally understand why we do it.
We want to be seen, our ideas heard, even to rebutted others but that is not it is it?
Clearly forums bring all types and all views, not a bad thing but tell me why you think we return here.
I said in another thread I would try to start this thread.
My thoughts are than some post but do not fully read, I re read all treads I am involved in find interest in others thoughts.
But remain unsure why we come back.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 16 August 2009 4:19:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
i come here from habbit...slowly im narowing down what i want to talk about...there are many topics..we could discuss..because the combined brain power is huge...so i post for serious reasons...questioning everything...i used to do protests...but its easier to just bol##log

as a loner i like to bounce a quesion...arround in company

one really anoying thing..the reason de art...is an abusive download from a vaugman..inteligence challange for prizes,..an advert...wasted a lot of download time...sucking masses of info.. to an application form...lol...WITH NO FURTHER INFO..just some clever wankk...totally time wasting..be warned...three minute's plus to download NOTHING
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 16 August 2009 7:44:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

Why do I inhabit OLO?

Many reasons, but the main one is -
'cause I enjoy it!

I enjoy the wide variety of topics that
come up for discussion. The challenges
of learning about things
that I hadn't shown much interest in
before. (Who'd have thought that I'd actually
be producing rhymes about budgie smugglers?).

I enjoy being challenged on my views - and
being forced to re-think some of them at
times.

And, above all - I enjoy the friendships I've
made since I first began posting.

For me OLO is definitely addictive - but as I
said - I enjoy it very much.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 16 August 2009 8:32:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do you want the truth or what you like?
1. I am not sure 100% why I write on the forum!
2. I will lie if I write enjoying friendship or this kind of stories.
3. It is good way to break the silence of my loneness
4. It is a good way to promote my ideas.
5. It is a way to prove that I exist and not totaly useless
6. It is a way to open few back windows or back doors to promote my ideas with a better way.
7. To find FEW selected friends.
8. To find people with similar or close ideas with me and join our efforts to comon goals.
9. To play mind games, I enjoy them.
10.To discover unknown parts of my self.

Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Sunday, 16 August 2009 9:10:31 PM
I spend a lot of time on the computer since my last child left home. I do a lot of business on the computer and I also communicate extensively with others concerning several lifetime hobbies I am fortunate to be involved in. All this takes a LOT of computer time. It also means I have breaks within this computer time, but instead of getting a cup of tea or reading a chapter of a book, I'll sometimes come here and read some posts on a topic and write my opinion. I then forget about it and return to what I was originally doing on the computer. I can see myself doing this for maybe a limited time into the future, but to be honest I'm quickly getting tired of reading opinions, opinions and more opinions, whether or not I agree with them. It was something new and different for me in the beginning a few weeks ago, but I'm tiring of it now. I'm not sure whether I'll stay on for much longer, but I might.
Posted by MaryE, Sunday, 16 August 2009 10:39:46 PM
Every answer is well thought out and I can see myself in each one.
MaryE I however am an addict, I like others opinions.
AS yours is the nearest thing to reality, I think so very many, maybe all, of us are a bit like that.
It is true that I live alone, am referred to by my friends as bear, likely to hibernate every winter and almost any time.
I however am far from lonely, in fact work sees me mix with hundreds every day, I need the refuge.
I think many of us write letters to politicians, news papers, put our views forward often, that is not bad thing it is not something to hide.
like Foxy I like this forum, find it a bit like a family, grumpy aunts and uncles all the good and not so good, in my family at least.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 17 August 2009 5:46:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy