The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Could Turnbull turn the tide

Could Turnbull turn the tide

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
So come on Belly, I've answered your questions, so how about you answer mine, or, am I to assume that you simply can't!

Hey, we can all splash money around, either to win friends or influence people/voters, but hey, how on earth are we going to repay this spending spree.

So come on Belly, you can't just keep asking questions and not answering the ones that you are asked yourself.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 10 August 2009 6:29:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Firstly, rehctub, how about YOU take a stab at the question the Right is meticulously avoiding: what would the Libs have done differently?

"Don't mention the GFC" became a conservative mantra overnight, but some day you'll have to face the fact that your lot ran the entire world into a depression with its blind ideology, and now we're reliant on the progressives to save us [which they're doing admirably, hence Rudd's high approval ratings].

Try acknowledging the mess your economic beliefs have created before having the gall to call belly out over debt.
Posted by Sancho, Monday, 10 August 2009 6:47:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Firstly, rehctub, how about YOU take a stab at the question the Right is meticulously avoiding: what would the Libs have done differently?

Fair call sancho, but first I would like to here from belly, after all, I have answered his questions and I will answer yours in due cause. But then again, belly rarely answers questions so here goes.

The first thing that comes to mind are Ir laws. Of cause the voters are happy with the new laws, they get a much better deal, NOW! But at what cost in the future. Many businesses will stop expanding or go off shore.

It is no coincidence that the best growth years in recent history have been when unions have had less opportunities to become disruptive. Many tradies have enjoyed the best years of their lives 02 through 07, now many of them don't know when and where their next job is comming from.

Secondly, there is the future fund. That's money in the bank I believe, not on the credit card.

Cash hand outs. I am sure the libs wouldn't have allowed it to be wasted, as much of it was wasted. Now what!

Finnaly, I was a swinging voter. In my voting history I have voted for both labor and lib. Bob Halk was our best ever PM in my view but since the labor gov introduced UFD, along with many other restricting laws I have never voted for them since. Why? Because they screw honnest employers just like me and place a wall between myself and my staff.

Over to you belly, my kids now have a debt, their kids will certainly have one to if an when they are born and maybe their kids kids?
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 11 August 2009 7:11:50 AM
I was not avoiding you rechtub, left at 4am this morning truly thought you got your answer in my two posts above.
I ask one thing of you, read my post here think about it then tell me if you think I am wrong
AS highlighted in posts above we had to spend big.
IMF and a great deal more say it stopped a great depression,
I think it did, rather a great depression or great debt?
Your kids will pay, not as much or for as long as Americas children, or England's.
oh just this you could if you wish answer my question, how would you mob have done it?
This post is not a debating point, not a fabrication, just honestly what I truly believe every word of it.
What do you think you would have done, give us the details bloke
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 11 August 2009 6:45:18 PM
Belly
Are you truly unhappy with pensioners hand out? Really?

Here is my answer.
Not really. Rental assistance, yes, assistance to have items in the house fixed, yes, remember, it costs a pensioner up to $80 just to have a tradie turn up, help here would have been nice, a food and necessities card/voucher, yes, but smokes, grog and pokies –NO!

Did we have anther way of spending it?

I saw a lady buy 23 cartons of cigs, when asked why 23; she replied the $900 wasn’t enough to buy 24. Thank ‘F’ for that!

You answered my question with yet another question.

Firstly, we need real jobs. How about we look to support our farmers, buy their crops (at cost) when the market falls, process these and send the goods overseas as aid, instead of cash.

Stop live export; provide subsidised labour and process the meats here then send this OS instead of cash (WHICH WE DON'T HAVE). What we do have is abettors closed in places. Why not use them.

This way people have to work for welfare payments.

Say they work 30 hours per fortnight at minimum wage rates, paid for by the government instead of the dole, then we would have half a chance of being competitive as a notion.

This really is grounds for a new thread but seriously, just handing cash, to cash strapped people, is not the answer.

I will bet that many of these recipients, the ones who splashed their cash are now in a deep depression because they were in a sense give false hope.

What should have happened was the stimuli should have been in the form of a restricted debit card, with an expiry date. Then ALL the money would have gone into the economy as intended. 'Use it, or loose it!

Krudd simply had an each way bet, as he knew that a certain % would come back to him in the form of taxes, on grog, cigs, gambling.

Kind of an 'indian giver' in a way. Clever hey!

Now my plan would create jobs and repay debt.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 12 August 2009 7:47:16 AM
At work today rechtub, yep a long way from home and listening to radio national.
About lunch time the debate was live exports sheep from WA.
Seems the RSPCA wants to pay farmers not to export live sheep.
They claim the extra profits in live exports are about $2 a head.
Not likely thinks me.
But well researched WA farm industry gave the true figure, about $20 a head more to export than grow prime lamb.
in WA Lamb prices are low, very much lower than what you pay, a cartel exists, it is imposable to get more .
If your sheep, just some of them ,got on to the market in WA a glut would soon bring prices down more, how would that help farmers?
The issues are complex answers not as easy as you think.
KRUDD?
mate get used to it, such thoughts as yours are very much minority views, you have a long wait for a return to power, enjoy, I will.
Start that thread I will come.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 12 August 2009 5:53:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy