The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Intersexuality and The Third Gender

Intersexuality and The Third Gender

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
My experience with gays and lesbians has been
extremely positive. I've worked with them all of my
adult life and have formed lasting friendships.
I haven't been in gay bars but
I've been to dinner parties at their homes,
and they've been to mine. The only problem I had was
attending a week-end in celebration of a close-friend's
life who had aids. Everyone decided to shave their heads
that week-end to show support. I couldn't do it (being
young and vain - much to my shame). But no one
made a big deal out of it. Except I had many sleepless
nights afterwards as a result. Today, I probably would
have done things differently.

How do we bring about world peace?
By taking responsibility for our own actions.
Personal transformation can and does have global
effects. If we want to take responsibility for
the world we need to take more seriously our
individual contributions to it.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 July 2009 12:08:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pied Piper “A better drug would be my answer or some sort of little lobotomy at birth.”
(your answer I assume being “Turned out that a drug the human race had been put on to be kept calm had kind of had an allergic reaction and the rabid types were the result”)

It seems to me that as someone who has taken it unto themselves to criticize the content of my posts, you are now confirming the extent of your own hubris.

As an alternative to a universal sedative, you would rather employ “A little lobotomy”.

A vile concept.

I consistently defend the universal right of people to be different and you dare suggest “This is just the only outlet you have for an itty bitty nasty streak you have.”

Hypocrisy weeps out from every pore of you, Pied Piper!

I see the resident Moron has stood clear of the stone under which he usually hides to make sly asides of no consequence.

Now, CJ enough excitement for you, it’s time to go back into your dog box.

Foxy, To matters of World Peace etc… “when the meek inherit the earth” and until then, be prepared to defend yourself form those who are not “meek”
Re “If we want to take responsibility for the world we need to take more seriously our individual contributions to it.”

I agree totally and absolutely with taking personal responsibility for our own existence and actions, Foxy.

I disagree with ever assuming any responsibility for the actions of others (as in “responsibility for the world”). They might sound like nice words but they mean nothing, when the person saying them does not control, the will or actions of the rest of humanity.
And to be honest, to “control the will and actions of others” is the sort of thinking which ends up promoting Pied Pipers “drug and lobotomy” style solutions.

Ultimately, anyone can choose to be any gender they want, I just do not see the merit is a minority of misfits demanding special entitlement or recognition for being misfits / sexually abnormal.
Posted by Col Rouge, Tuesday, 7 July 2009 12:56:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“Pied Piper “A better drug would be my answer or some sort of little lobotomy at birth.”
(your answer I assume being “Turned out that a drug the human race had been put on to be kept calm had kind of had an allergic reaction and the rabid types were the result”)”

I said “A better drug”. Col you might live in a nice world I dunno, I hope you do. There I was just chit chatting with Fractelle and it is like you were perched ready to swoop. But since you have taken my post to heart, again, I’ll do what I can…

“I agree totally and absolutely with taking personal responsibility for our own existence and actions”

This is the ideology of Anarchy? Could work but not the way humans are now.

Did I critique content? I thought I was critiquing attitude. Hubris?

“As an alternative to a universal sedative, you would rather employ “A little lobotomy”.

Either either.

Vile is how humans are now. Humans are already on drugs, they’re already killing off brain cells in chunks. Young kids are medicated to the eyeballs and it’s probably altering their minds forever. Some kids never recover from the abuse they suffer either. Often kids don’t get to grow up to who they could have been because of the vile, the lazy, and the people that are too busy to notice.

You defend this universal right of people as long as they don’t have a different opinion to you?

You are nasty to me. I never even worked out why – I just react to it.

“Hypocrisy weeps out from every pore of you, Pied Piper!”

I don’t get it. I think it might be fun for you. It is a certainly an interesting way for you to promote world peace.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Tuesday, 7 July 2009 4:08:52 PM
Dear Col,

Thank You for responding to my post.

I can understand your regarding intersexuality and
the Third Gender with some suspicion. There are many
people that would agree with you. However I find myself
learning a great deal from this thread.

I am interested in learning a bit more about the topic
- I had no idea that there were in fact more than
Three Genders - and I'm still doing a bit more
research on the topic.

As for the prospects for peace.
I agree with you that we can't be responsible
for the actions of other people - but history
has shown that collective action can achieve
quite a bit. Take for example the Vietnam War.

It was through collective action that ordinary people
with few resources other than their own determination
changed a national consensus for war to a
national consensus for peace and in the US forced a
US President to resign.

Whether we choose to destroy our civilisation or
save it is a collective decision - and one that hopefully
will be made within our lifetimes. We have the power by
electing the right governments,
whose leaders will be aware of our restraints
on their ability to
wage war. If more and more nuclear weapons
are built, and if more sophisticated means of
delivering them are devised - and if more and more
nations get control of these vile devices - than
surely we risk our own destruction. But if ways are
found to reverse that process, than we can divert
our energy and resources to the real problems facing us,
such as poverty, disease, and so on.

We need new ways of thinking to cope with the nuclear
age.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 July 2009 7:44:14 PM
I want Parent toilets.

Once I was given a few too many filthy looks going into the female toilets with my daughter, I decided to go into the men's one day. Nearly got bashed for being a 'spider' by a huge Maori guy. My daughter was terrified and screaming.

So, I'm considered a pervert either way when my daughter needs to go to the loo.
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 9 July 2009 9:50:05 AM
Foxy “I can understand your regarding intersexuality and the Third Gender with some suspicion.”

Yes, I regard these “Third Gender” misfits as people who have an overdeveloped sense of self importance, which they feel entitles them to ignore their responsibility to conform to their the gender of their birth.

“Take for example the Vietnam War.”

The Vietnam war is an example of ill conceived strategy deployed with the intention of containment, instead of the direct annihilation of the enemy. Such strategies are doomed to failure, merely echoing the outcome of the Munich agreement as signed between Hitler, Chamberlain & Co.

Regarding “a national consensus for peace and in the US forced a US President to resign.”

Now that could only be tricky Dicky Nixon…because he was the only one to resign and that resignation had absolutely stuff all to do with peace activists or other niceties.. he was impeached by congress over the Watergate scandal, which was revealed through the actions of a pair of newpaper reporters who had nothing to do with peace activists.

I cannot be bothered to reply to the Pied Piper, who seems to be right out there with the pixies.
Posted by Col Rouge, Wednesday, 15 July 2009 11:29:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy