The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Sport and sex scandals

Sport and sex scandals

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 59
  11. 60
  12. 61
  13. All
hi to all the forgotten australians

maybe its about time the 4 corners did a programe on us victims

about the abuse and rapes we suffered while in institutional care through out the states of australia and for their premiers of those state who have yet to addmitt to the truth of us victims , you think matty johns incedent is bad .

what about us victims the goverment of australia still cover up about,where they have even destroyed the evidence to prove victims cases,

least mat johns has apoigized and it was wrong, but the girl said she only gave approval for 2 players that of mat johns and another not any of the others that had sex with her,

i think the state goverment of new south wales should finally stand up and apoligize to the forgotten australians and so should mr kevin rudd,for all forgotten australians,

we victims have been fighting for justice for years , but i don't see any reporters pressing the ,premier of n.s.w. or the prime minister of australia to say sorry to us victims ,their goverments have continued to cover up

so i offer all reporters get of your asses and cover our stories,

and ripp into the goverment about what we suffered in these state run homes and orphanages in australia and N.S.W,

the matty johns incident is tiny compared to that of the forgotten australians victims of some of the most horrendour's cases imagined,

so how about all the reporters ask the prime minister about us victims and the state premier of N.S.W

regards huffnpuff
Posted by huffnpuff, Thursday, 14 May 2009 5:06:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting thing about these discussions is that suddenly many who claim not to to believe in absolutes suddenly start calling things right and wrong. Despite what many want to believe this incident really has very little to do with football. It has everything to do with the lack of values in society. I am sure their are some here who could speak of similar love feasts in the 70's among the pot smoking hippies and university academics that are no different to what took place in NZ. One recent US President had no hesitation in showing what he thought of women half his age (despite his parties rhetoric on respect for women). His popularity actually went up after being caught out lying as well as treating some woman as 'meat'. To think that many journalist are trying to make a name for themselves by destroying a 'fallen hero' just shows how low people will go.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 14 May 2009 5:10:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why don't these footballers just go to the professionals and pay for their sex. It's not as though they can't afford it. They would probably get better service too.
Posted by snake, Thursday, 14 May 2009 5:37:36 PM
Belly

I'm sorry but bad/irresponsible behaviour is exactly that and is unacceptable regardless of perpetrator identity.
Your rave about 40 years ago or someone else does it or does it worse are not valid arguments.

Have you ever tried to use those excuses to to get out of a speeding fine? and baring the extraordinary I'll bet they failed...and rightly so. The bit about working class is another furphy.

As is other posters excuse 'why should the men be responsible and not the women' The real question IS "why shouldn't they be responsible for THEIR actions?" Two wrongs don't make a right just because a female is willing to debase her self are the male's actions any less lacking in responsibility and good behaviour.
Other people's responsibility are separate issues.
People in the public eye need to accept that responsible behaviour is one of the costs of the money, power& star status. No free lunch.
Should the others get their come upings you bet but it should be proportional with the fame etc.
Posted by examinator, Thursday, 14 May 2009 7:19:09 PM
Personally, I think the behaviour is morally abhorrent. Group sex in itself seems distasteful to me, and cheating on your wife with a 19 year-old is also disgraceful.

At the same time, a 19 year-old girl is capable of making up her own mind about situations. She is also capable of lying. Yes, police investigated, and found that there was no case to answer. This suggests that evidence showed the act to be consensual. Working with many young footballers, I know that there are many hangers-on who are willing to debase themselves for a taste of glory - a night with a football hero. When a man carves a notch into his belt for a sexual conquest, he is a villain; why are these girls not seen in the same light? It seems quite likely that this happened here.

On A Current Affair last night, Tracey Grimshaw asked Matthew Johns if he thought for one minute that this was someone's daughter, someone's sister. I would ask the victim a question: did she think for one minute that this was someone's husband, someone's father? My question is as valid as hers. Yes, the decision to cheat was entirely his; the decision to engage in group sex was entirely hers. It does, however, speak volumes about the culture of rugby league that she had so many takers for her adventurous night in.
Posted by Otokonoko, Thursday, 14 May 2009 7:26:54 PM
Dear Houellebecq,

I agree with you dear heart, people should
be responsible for their own behaviour -
however - with the NRL players - it hasn't
worked.

The point that I was trying to make
was that instead of focusing on blame -
focus on solving the problem instead.

Leaving it up to the individuals
is what's been done to date with poor results.
Now the League being a Club (like any Club)
should have set standards that it must implement
along with real penalties
if those standards are broken.

That's all I'm saying.

And, I just love your reference to
me with the "police" bit - again, again,
again, again, again, again, again,
again, again, again, again, again,
ad nauseum - again ...
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 14 May 2009 7:42:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 59
  11. 60
  12. 61