The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are Numbers Against the Chance Emergence of Life?

Are Numbers Against the Chance Emergence of Life?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
Hmmmm. Your ducking and weaving is also fairly typical of the breed, I'm afraid KMB.

>>You argue that my “occasional outbursts of virulence against Islam” are symptomatic of my religious fundamentalism.<<

Look again.

I suggested that only a person concerned with religion would rail against another religion.

"...Religion usually only is of concern to the religious, is it not?"

No fundamentalists were harmed in the formation of this sentence.

You also choose to put words into my mouth, which is "an oft-used strategy" of people who find themselves on the wrong end of an argument. You accuse me of proposing that...

>>If someone does not embrace atheism they are religious fundamentalists.<<

Nope. Look again.

I said that...

"Only religious fundamentalists bring up the topic of Intelligent Design."

But if the cap fits...

More words ascribed to me by you:

>>If someone criticises Islam they are Islamophobes and Christian fundamentalists.<<

Nope. Look again.

I wasn't talking about criticism, I was talking about virulence. Here's a (genuine) sample of your words.

>>...Muhammad was a terrorist who beheaded his enemies and raped their women. Oops! I hope I didn't offend anyone.<<

And the phrase was, again, "religion usually only is of concern to the religious..."

>>If someone criticises homosexuality they are either homophobes or, more likely, repressed homosexuals.<<

I don't believe you will find any references to homosexuality in my posts, KMB, so why bring it up?

You're not a gay Christian by any chance?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 15 April 2009 2:00:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
KMB seems to subscribe to all the odious antipathies and dumb prejudices of fundamentalist Christianity, without the excuse that it's because of his/her religion.

Pray tell, KMB - how is this the case?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 15 April 2009 2:14:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You're getting flogged here, KMB. If I were you I'd pull a Boaz and create a new pseudonym to dodge the humiliation.
Posted by Sancho, Wednesday, 15 April 2009 2:16:01 PM
Pericles, (CJMorgan and Sancho),
And here was me thinking I was winning this debate.
Thanks for setting me straight!

<<Apart from the indications above of both religious fundamentalism and born-again Christianity, there are your occasional outbursts of virulence against Islam. Religion usually only is of concern to the religious, is it not?
For a professed agnostic, you show a remarkable number of religious symptoms, KMB>>

Surely one can reasonably deduce from the above that "You argue that my “occasional outbursts of virulence against Islam” are symptomatic of my religious fundamentalism"?

<<”If someone criticises homosexuality they are either homophobes or, more likely, repressed homosexuals.”
I don't believe you will find any references to homosexuality in my posts, KMB, so why bring it up?
You're not a gay Christian by any chance?>>

I was referring to the “oft-used strategy of leftists, liberals and progressives”. Your reference to “a gay Christian” proves my point.

<<I wasn't talking about criticism, I was talking about virulence. Here's a (genuine) sample of your words.
“...Muhammad was a terrorist who beheaded his enemies and raped their women. Oops! I hope I didn't offend anyone.”>>

The statement of mine you quote is well substantiated and only the "truth is no defence" crowd could object to it. Your taking offence only further confirms your leftist, liberal and progressive mindset.

Not that I for a moment think you’ll be bothered with fact-finding because I realise the liberal mind doesn’t work like that, I’ll nevertheless post the following links which substantiate what I (and increasing numbers of ex-Muslims) know about Muhammad:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/2009/04/12/honoring-wafa-sultan-video/
http://www.islam-watch.org/index.html
http://www.politicalislam.com/principles/pages/five-principles/
http://www.prophetofdoom.net/Prophet_of_Doom_Islams_Terrorist_Dogma_in_Muhammads_Own_Words.Islam

Go on, at least watch the Wafa Sultan videos at the first link, I dare you.
She is an ex-Muslim who likes to “whack-the-mozzies”.
Posted by KMB, Wednesday, 15 April 2009 3:30:47 PM
But, KMB, truth is something that is accurate, and preferably demonstrably so. Something doesn't become true simply because it satisfies you. As pericles' reference to your previous posts demonstrates, your attitudes to Islam and homosexuality are phobic and territorial, and completely untainted by any perspective other than religious extremism.

As Kipp noted in another thread, you seem to have an extensive collection of articles from extremist media, decrying all the things you're uncomfortable with. I understand that the world must seem unbearably chaotic to you without the firm and simple answers provided by Christianity, but if you read a bit more widely you might find that it needn't be so frightening after all.
Posted by Sancho, Wednesday, 15 April 2009 4:00:35 PM
One God Under, all life is just chemistry.
Posted by Agronomist, Wednesday, 15 April 2009 10:06:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All