The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Where's my stimulus package?

Where's my stimulus package?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Kevin promised me $900 and now I hear that it is being ruled upon. Is not a promise a promise?
For those small businesses that have strggled in the last month while potential customers have been holding off for their Kevin Money, are they to miss out again on sales for yet another month
Posted by Juda, Friday, 3 April 2009 1:22:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your $900 is on the way Juda, shortly to be followed by a $7000 bill to pay for the deficit spending. Perhaps you should invest the money in a high return medium range stock, something like L/NP stock circa 2013.
Posted by palimpsest, Friday, 3 April 2009 6:58:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I got mine today.

...and it was $950. Suckers.
Posted by StG, Friday, 3 April 2009 10:39:31 PM
The author seems to show a lack of understanding, it is not Rudd who stood against it.
spend spend spend.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 4 April 2009 4:56:56 AM
I am no economist but I saw this on another blog this morning from US

Mr President, there are 50 million people over 50. If you gave them all a million on condition they retire and buy a new car and a house or pay off an existing morgage, it would provide a big stimulas to the economy.

Firstly 50 million new jobs. Secondly would fix the car industry and the housing problem. Better than giving billions to car makers and banks.

OK so what is wrong with that suggestion and would it apply similarly to Aus?
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 4 April 2009 9:57:07 AM
People seem to forget that this money is currently being borrowed from China.We are all going to pay it back via taxes with interest.
Spend some but mostly pay off some debt.We have to start living within our means.

Many of these Res Banks esp.in the US are just printing money via their fractional reserve system.To borrow from the US would be folly.

If they continue on this path ,we will see hyper-inflation consume us.We have to go back to sound money that is not owned by the Reserve Banks of the world,but is backed by real worth eg gold,resources,energy,land etc
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 4 April 2009 10:19:35 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy