The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I don't know what a "Bogan" is but I know where they are.

I don't know what a "Bogan" is but I know where they are.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
Dear examinator,

I'm coming in on the tail end here,
but I have been following all the posts
with interest.

Thanks from me as well, oh wise one.
You do give us all, much to think about.

And, as I've said previously - I'm
grateful to have you as a poster
on this Forum. You're blessed not only
with intellect but a big heart as well.

A rare combination.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 10 January 2009 5:37:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Next I am from this same resentful catastrophe prone background and have chosen to use my professional privileges/power to try and minimumize the issues that hold others back."

No No No my little Maelstromic OP

You never, never, ever, talk to being "privileged" in what you, the Cafe Latte or Chattering Classes [herein CC], call our Egalitarian Society.

The whole concept of being Egalitarian talks to ALL people being equal. Of course that is BS, espec in USA but at least they got the MARKETING correct with "My Fellow Amurikins".

But you did not have to CLAIM you are "elite" [in your mind] as you said it all in your Maiden OP Speech on Bogans, or rather it was what you DIDN'T say, eg not a word about the medical staff who saved your lousy life and probably hate working in Bogan City but do it because they are professional [which you are not, obviously].

And what of little Bogan kiddies, deprived of a bed in THEIR hospital because your "egalitarianism" dictated that you jumped the queue and parked your carcass in one of the valuable beds.

So a man hit a BoganButtercup? Well now these people live life "on the egde" and contrary to popular myths by CC about Toxic Masculinity, DeadBeat Dads etc, there is usually a reason and might I suggest that as the REAL facts say thousands of toddlers admitted to hospital are victims of MBP Murder [a female only malady of the mind] that this could well have been such a case [blamed on SIDS of course].

But back to your proposed waste of taxpayer money on yet another stupid study, I was really chuffed in 1999 when Sir Robert Norman [RIP] himself wrote a personal reply to one of my learned Lettuce to the Editor regarding this self same issue with indiginous folk. He wholeheartedly agreed with me that the more "academics" study "races" [to use the pre PC meaning of the word, which includes bogans] then the more they become museum pieces and lose their identity, AND their self respect.

to be continued
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Sunday, 11 January 2009 8:55:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
continued

And so it is that my CHOSEN location is Mossman FNQ which you would call not only call Bogan City but Bongo City as half population is black, and as Sir Robert and I agree, they are the "privileged" people in town. As a result of 100 years of being studied and getting every handout known to man they have no reason/incentive to work so most are regretably lined up outside the Royal [as it was] at 10 AM waiting for it to open and driving their new 4WD to the next pub soon after.

BUT for all that financial gain via 100 years of CCs, as Sir Robert explained to me "these are the most self effacing people on the planet", and as you pass them in the street they look downwards, never catching your eye.

But hey, as Robert Plant says, there is some good news and at no cost to the taxpayer. I tried a little experiment and said G'day as I passsed some of my black brothers. The reaction was one of huge surprise and maybe "yeah, yeah"

BUT, having slept on it, they did not forget you so next time you pass the eyes are at your level and it is "How ya going Bro?" and leading to deeper conversations in future.

As I say I wasted the best 20 years of my life, like Cleese, as a North Shore SNAG, attending dinner parties with corpses chattering about the most tedious matters [like those in this thread]. My new black bros have taught me some real life skills like how to detect croc tracks on the beach [so as to not get eaten by a croc], and I have to say that is far more important to me than 20 years of "conversations with corpses"

So leave bogans alone, be brave, and do a study on MBP and save some kiddies from murder
Posted by Divorce Doctor, Sunday, 11 January 2009 9:01:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Divorce Doctor

I would be applauding your spirited defence of Bogans and hanging my head in shame for associating with those evil 'chattering classes', if it weren't for the defamatory remarks of yours directed towards another minority group on this thread and now thankfully no more than a bad memory.

So next time you care to jump up on your soapbox and lecture others about their supposed atttitudes of superiority towards disadvantaged groups, you'd be wise to recall that old saying about removing the beam from your own eye first before worrying about the mote in anyone else's
Posted by Bronwyn, Monday, 12 January 2009 12:09:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Divorce Doctor,

You a SNAG? Who would have thought...
From your constant rebukes about 'Cafe Lattee's'
et al, I would never have guessed.

As for talking to 'corpses.' I can identify
with that, I think we all can. It happens
in all circles. But, gee whiz, it does take
two, to have a conversation, and sometimes it
is a question of finding a subject that's of
interest to you both.

Still, I'm happy for your 'epiphany,' with 'bogans.'

I had some pre-conceptions about 'bikie gangs.'
Until I went to get a tattoo on my ankle (Birthday
present from my son). The tattoo parlour was full
of bikies, waiting for their turn. And, while I waited
along side these guys, we got to talking. Well, they
couldn't have been more fun. They even helped me
choose my tattoo (a colourful butterfly), and after
wards they asked me to join them at the pub next door,
where they shouted me to a drink.

So there you go.

I guess this just proves your, and Bronwyn's point.
Labelling people and making pre-judgements is not
a good idea. Because it all goes out the window,
once these people become real, and you actually get
to know them.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 13 January 2009 5:35:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy