The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > MADE IN CHINA

MADE IN CHINA

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Hi there SOS

Sorry I missed your post. Yes the trip went well – thank you.
Many trees are disappearing so it’s for the wildlife.

I hear you about my religious comments.

Hey Gibo, I didn’t mean that ‘personally’. Your one of the few Christian posters that I do read ‘all’ of their comments.

It’s just that having written to over three thousand Church leaders plus personally flying with a RSPCA CEO to meet with Senator Fielding one can’t help but to be disgusted.

God blessed us however on that day by sending alone a REAL MAN OF GOD to attend the meeting at Steve Fielding office to discuss cattle going to can for milk taking Australian jobs and health concerns.
This intelligent gentleman was also a Minister with the Catholic Church whom has lived in ME and seen first hand the brutality on ships and conditions including slaughters.

Yes I’ll pray all right Gibbo- Pray for Steve Fielding to end up on a live export ship and all his ‘weak friends’ to follow him.

I’ll pray our wonderful Church people who really work for God takes over from the likes of him and insular gutless heads of Churches

Later I will start a thread about Fielding.

I want the world to know the difference between Christian Leaders in Australia and Muslim Leaders in Australia when it comes to healthy foods and cruelty to animals.
“It’s a real eye opener”.

The lady in Germany who supplied much of the footage btw was a Minister and left the Church because they refused to include animals.

There ‘are’ more Churches doing blessings of him animals and Mark Pearson who is ~~`fantastic~~! Is working with Church people also.

Hope Faith and love and the greatest of all is HOPE

Here’s hoping to remove Steve Fielding by educating the public.

Dickie works for God as does Nicky- and for memory, I don’t think they consider themselves as believers. ~`` interesting isn’t it. `~`

As they say God works in mysterious way.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 19 October 2008 9:01:29 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I consider it perfectly appropriate, in a discussion on the abuse of human rights in China, to also raise the equally disturbing issue of the abuse of animal rights in that same country.

I agree, labelling the Chinese as 'barbarians' isn't conducive to establishing the dialogue needed to help effect change, but the heinous acts of animal cruelty depicted in the links Dickie provided in her first post are certainly barbaric. I for one appreciate her efforts in informing us as she has.
Posted by Bronwyn, Sunday, 19 October 2008 9:19:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No worries PALE.
This thread stirred up a bit of heat amongst the writers.

To my shame I dont often write on animal welfare...though I do at times when I remember a couple of farms I worked on in the 1980's in QLD and how the farmers treated their farm friends, dogs in particular.
Not wanting to feed pups... or three legged dogs... they mostly done them in.
Posted by Gibo, Sunday, 19 October 2008 12:19:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jobe
interesting comment.

Although GOOD union men have spoken out;

We were involved with a film about six months ago with Malaysia at our farm stay.
Same hours: A vast difference to the one that was made at my riding Ranch years ago produced by USA.

The hours were- Cut off at 4pm daily despite costs.

Bronwyn,
Don’t worry about old CJ. He made obvious he had an interest in the trade by abusing us and posting crude comments. Now I don’t mind debating ‘anybody but he will never do that.

Belly- ``` Well he just doesn’t like our poetry :)

At least old Yabbs used to try to debate the trade even if it was with the same old pokies
Btw where is Yabbs? Looks like he’s headed for the hills, or maybe gone to greener pasture.

Dickie going to let loose from time to time and who can blame her. I am like that with Church Leaders.
We see things a little differently with our efforts to include Animal Welfare groups in within industry.

To us Dickie running an abattoirs or poultry farms would be heaven sent.

That would of course insult her but honestly it’s never been meant that way.

We too appreciate her efforts in informing us as she has.
`We just hope she knows it. `* Your comments haven’t done unnoticed either. *

Gibo
For you=:)

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company.
One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked,
"Father, my dog is dead. Could ya' be saying' a mass for the poor creature?"
Father Patrick replied, "I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there are some Baptists down the lane, and there's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature."
Muldoon said, "I'll go right away Father. Do ya 'think ?$5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?"
Father Patrick exclaimed, "Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't ya tell me the dog was Catholic?
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 19 October 2008 7:10:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks PALE. I love Irish jokes:)
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 22 October 2008 10:31:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy