The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Tale of 2 Sikhs

A Tale of 2 Sikhs

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Note to self:

Avoid State Library on Sundays.

Thanks Boazy
Posted by Fractelle, Monday, 1 September 2008 11:43:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Does anyone else here find the levels of delusion exhibited in this post alarming? Or have I just temporarily misplaced my sense of humour?
Posted by chainsmoker, Monday, 1 September 2008 1:56:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Polycarp,

The name of Jesus Christ is used quite often where I work. Usually when something goes wrong. I asked a Vietnamese man where I work why he didn't say "Buddah" instead of "Jesus Christ" when something goes wrong. He thought that would sound stupid.
Posted by Steel Mann, Monday, 1 September 2008 2:50:59 PM
"The name of Jesus Christ is used quite often where I work"

Yet the guy, even if he happened to hear your work-colleagues saying it, would not turn his head around.

- He simply wouldn't recognize that name "Jizus" because in his time and culture he was known by the name "Yeshua" (=salvation). The 'Y' turned via a latin 'J' (that sounds as 'Y', as still in German/Dutch today) into an English 'Gee' (a sound which he probably never heard because it does not exist in Hebrew or Aramaic), the Latin vowel 'E' into an English-E which is like Latin-I, the 'SH' into 'Z' and the ending "Ah" turned into the Greek-ending "Us".

On the other hand, had he actually appeared, your friends from work would totally freak out and either run away or lock him up is some psychiatric ward. You see, they didn't actually mean anything serious when they mentioned this name - just a cultural gesture, such as asking "how are you?" when you have no real interest in getting an honest answer.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 1 September 2008 4:25:20 PM
Now to the Muslim and what an interesting but tragic individual.

he had a $2000/day cocaine and heroin habit..but while in Jail was given a Quran..and found it most impressive. (I'd agree that the first page is most impressive linguistically and spiritually ..its the one about 'In the name of Allah the merciful and beneficent' who would argue with that? Well he ended up in Balak Papan (Indonesia) and married a Muslim girl, and is now recovered from the heroin he says..but I still find myself incredulous that people can give up heroin but not niccotine?... seen it more than once.

Well.. he retreated a bit when informed of some of Mohammads less savory actions.. but we didn't pester him on those things..

Country Gal.. aaah you need a pinch.. I don't bag Muslims for "trying to convert" I bag them for 2 reasons.
1/ Using a sugar coating and deception. (they never tell you that it's "welcome with a hug/depart in coffin"
2/ Trying to convert them to a faith which I believe will take them on that AC/DC highway.. straight to hell.

But actually.. what I 'bag' is Islam.. as a set of beliefs and the one from whom they came.

Finally..the man who would 'illuminate' us all.. quite amazing..I actually thought he might be "Wobbles" or one of our other conspiracy theorists.. he definitely believes 9/11 was an inside job.
Adam Weishaupt.. Illuminati, Rothchilds, Rockerfellas, J.P. Morgan etc...the Fabians and Illuminati...CFR
At first I listened intently, then asked some questions, but he seemed to be preconditioned for "Anyone who asks me a question is agin me"...even when I agreed with him he responded as though I was agin him :)
Finally..he began following me around.. and around...and around..
until I evaded.. and he got into the Republican Party dynamic duo..wow..what a couple :) nose to nose yap yap yap.. for probably an hour.

Pericles.. ur a funny boy arn't ya.

Spikey.. "illiterate"?
Posted by Polycarp, Monday, 1 September 2008 10:28:43 PM
This thread brings back very
unpleasant memories of my youth
when the Sisters of Mercy taught
us at school that only Catholics
entered Heaven. That our God was
the one true God. And that other
religions were inferior.

They tried to inspire in us, the
"Missionary Complex," whereby we
had to go out and try to convert
others to Catholicism.

That was soooo long ago.

Reading this
thread I'm amazed that this
sort of mentality
still persists today
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 2 September 2008 12:44:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy