The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Tale of 2 Sikhs

A Tale of 2 Sikhs

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
Yesterday, (Sunday) I and a brother in Christ, went to the State Library to share Christ with any who would listen.

Actually.. this is a story of 3 Sikhs,a Korean, a Caucasian Muslim, a Republican group and a 'man who would illuminate us' :)

I approached the steps of the library where there were a number of people sitting at random. I noticed one fellow of Asian/Indian appearance and after saying hello, asked "If I say "Jesus Christ" ..does that mean anything to you?" He said "YES.. He gave his life for the benefit of mankind".. he was a Sikh. As we discussed things, he intimated that he felt no peace in the Sikh Temple, but when he entered a Church he did feel peace. I asked him if I may explain about the story of Jesus. He said yes no problem. I gave as good an account as I was able, and then he told me "Yesterday I prayed to Jesus "if ur so great, please send someone to help me know about you." and now.. here you are!" He wanted to become Christian.
He said this with that special glow of someone who's prayer had just been answered. So, I commended him to the Lord in prayer, and provided a contact email.

Then I found an Asian bloke around 20ish.. I asked if he knew anything about Jesus? "Not much" but he was aware of the large Christian movement in Korea. Again, I asked permission to share about Jesus and he welcomed this.
Finally, 2 more Sikh's... one with Turban and the other without.
They had been to a Christian school in India and when asked about Jesus, they said "Yes..he is also God" -amazing stuff. We had a good chat and I just encouraged them to take time to read one of the Gospels when they have a chance.

Finally..the others :) have to waith for the thread approval for that.
Posted by Polycarp, Monday, 1 September 2008 8:13:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This statement of yours intrigues me, Boaz.

>>I commended him to the Lord in prayer, and provided a contact email<<

The Lord has email?

I suppose I shouldn't be at all surprised, after all it is 2008.

But when you next speak to him, could you find out whether he runs Windows?

If he does, it would go a long way to explaining why life is so random. After all, no-one knows when to expect the Blue Screen of Death.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 1 September 2008 9:16:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dont we have laws against public nuisances?

Seriously, this is someone who bags muslims for trying to convert others to islam.
Posted by Country Gal, Monday, 1 September 2008 9:44:48 AM
I gather that the State Library steps in Melbourne performs a similar function to that of the Domain in Sydney, i.e. to provide a venue for various frootloops to get up on their soap boxes and have a public rant. Personally, I'd rather Boazycrap did it there than here - but in some ways the General forum seems to be an online equivalent.

At least it's often entertaining :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 1 September 2008 9:57:33 AM
<<Yesterday, (Sunday) I and a brother in Christ, went to the State Library to share Christ with any who would listen.>>

It's come to this: an illiterate bigot proselytizing the meaning of life to lonely, sad immigrants. They'd have been safer inside the Library.
Posted by Spikey, Monday, 1 September 2008 11:00:16 AM
A Sikh, a Muslim, Polycarp and an Irishman were all sitting on the steps of the State Library discussing what is the fastest thing in life.

After much deliberation the Sikh said, ‘I believe it is the process of thought, it comes to one in a flash’

‘Good try’ agreed the Muslim, ‘but I think blinking is even quicker.’

‘Pretty good but not quick enough,’ quipped Polycarp. ‘ I am sure electricity is faster, just think if you hit any light switch you get instant light’

After a few moments the Irishman cut in,’ I believe you all have valid points but I think diarrhoea wins!’

‘What are you talking about, Paddy?’ chimed the three other blokes.

‘Well it is like this. Last night before I went to bed I went down to the local curry house for a vindaloo, which I washed down with 12 pints of Guinness. However at 3 o'clock in the morning, before I could think, blink or turn the light on, I shat myself!
Posted by Frank_Blunt, Monday, 1 September 2008 11:02:53 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy