The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Enoch Powell.. Much more to be said

Enoch Powell.. Much more to be said

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All
<< hmmm I'm warming to this :) >>

But Boazycrap, you'd have to actually go out into the real world and be identifiable to the objects of your hatred, rather than hiding behind various pseudonyms and spouting vilification quasi-anonymously on the Internet.

Hmmm - can't see that happening. What's the weather like in Kilsyth today anyway?
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 24 August 2008 10:03:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Woolly Poolly

You really don't think very clearly, do you? If you diagnose the problem incorrectly your solution is not going to be much good, is it?

The problem according to you is difference in 'VALUES'.

Now, whether you take a contemporary view or an historic view you've got major problems with the concept of values difference. Contemporary values across any democratic nation will be diverse (look at OLO - an example close at hand).

Historically, values change (for example, the majority of Australians no longer support White Australia as they did in 1901, nor do they want to belong to the 'Mother' country as they once did).

So what do you do with values pluralism? Wind back the clock to the good old days when white Christianity (except those pesky Catholics) was the only right? Deport all those Australians who now disagree with you?

I clearly don't share your values Polly whether they be moral, religious, or secular. What are you going to do with me and my family?

You say: <<It is plain silly to encourage and reward cultural difference.>>

So was it wrong to allow the Irish to migrate to Australia in the 19th century? Or the Italians in the 20th? Or the Greeks? Or the Vietnamese? Look around, BOAZ, Australia is a vastly different nation now compared with 50 years ago - and I'd say clearly a richer and more enlightened one (there's always the exceptions, of course who still think we're in the 19th century).

So I look forward to seeing you on the Library steps with your CAMPAIGN AGAINST AUSTROPHOBIA banner. You should stand alongside the guy who wears a sandwich board labelled PREPARE TO MEET THY DOOM.
Posted by Spikey, Sunday, 24 August 2008 1:14:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Spikey.. quite funny ur post.. and as usual.. entertaining.

Let me relate an experience from yesterday. Myself and Col Rouge wandered around the State Library but it was a non event so we went to Melbourne Central, and had a good old natter over a cuppa. After this we went our ways and on the way out I re-checked the Library steps for 'action'.. and to my surprise.. it was happening. "Speakers Forum" ..

There was this old couple raving on about 'The Republic' and had a little lecturn and a small PA system. Their audience consisted of some ..err 'colorful' people.. many different types, but it included one 'rabble rouser' who for some reason incurred the wrath of the lady from the couple..and they came to blows.. slap slap kinda thing. I noticed some other blokes.. and moved along to chat with them...asking 'What what that all about'.. turned out they were 'Anarchists'... and blow me down.. strike me lucky and knock me over with a postage stamp.. the 17 yr old anarchist has virtually identical views as myself.. AARRRGH.. SO..to my horror.. I now must confess.. "My name is Polycarp..and I am an Anarchist" :)

They had the same views on MultiCulturalism .. totally stunned me.
Dennis.. a Greek and Scot the Anglo.

Scot, the young bloke only 17, said in response to 'What triggered your passion on all this'... said "Cronulla".

Later, I went to a thriving Church in East Doncaster.. with a friend.. and we began planning for an evangelistic event at the Lib with representatives from many denominations.

I want to get as many races as possible to it, and all colors.. and our theme will be "all one in Christ Jesus" With testimonies from various ones. I'd like to get a Tibetan Christian and Chinese, a South Sudanese and an Arab and a Messianic Jew..to show how, in Christ.. the problems of these places dissappear, at least between Christians.
Posted by Polycarp, Monday, 25 August 2008 8:19:17 AM
Polly

You do mix with some strange people (Polly want some crackers?).

Is that where you do all your survey work? You ought to be careful going to the Library - ideas are infectious.

<<I want to get as many races as possible to it, and all colors.. and our theme will be "all one in Christ Jesus" With testimonies from various ones. I'd like to get a Tibetan Christian and Chinese, a South Sudanese and an Arab and a Messianic Jew..to show how, in Christ.. the problems of these places dissappear, at least between Christians.>>

Maybe you ought to contact the ABC. The 'Collectors' is a very good show. And I can recommend Flemington if you want many races - and colourful too!
Posted by Spikey, Monday, 25 August 2008 4:25:13 PM
Ur right about flemington.. I drove in the High rise on the way back from an event in Sunshine.. and wooooo.. I thought I'd lobbed into Pakistan..or Nigeria. I might do a survey there.. with the following questions:

1/ Do you know that Australia does not allow polygamous marriages?
2/ Do you know that Australia does not allow wife beating?
3/ Do you know that Australian law prohibits sexual abuse of children?
4/ Can you condemn outright as sexual abuse, the act of a 50+ old man marrying a child of 9?
5/ Can you condemn outright the unfairness of a 50+ man making a 'marriage contract' with a 6 yr old and claiming that her silence constitutes consent?
6/ Do you believe the Islamic call to prayer should be able to be made in Australia from local mosques? (it appears some definitely do who I've spoken to recently)
7/ If Australia was invaded by a Muslim nation.. would you kill Muslims in defense of it?
8/ Can captive women be sexually used by their masters as 'possessions'?
9/ Do you believe that under an Islamic Kalifah.. the Muslims have a duty to make war on non Muslims to bring them under Islamic rule?

why not come with me and we can do the survey together? :)

annnnd so it goes on .....

So.. ur in Melbourne eh :) sounds like we should meet up so I can sort your fuzzy ideas out *sideways look*
Posted by Polycarp, Wednesday, 27 August 2008 3:10:18 PM
Polly, you delicate flower.

Flemington high rise was too much for you, eh? All those dark skins tell you what wicked things those people do behind close doors, eh?

(Incidentally, did you drive in by invitation or did you just trespass because they're only non-whites?)

The Flemington I alluded to has races of a different kind to the ones you're obsessed by.

Thank you, but I won't join you in your offensive and disrespectful survey at Flemington but I thought with a bit of tweaking of your questions I might go out to Toorak or Park Orchards and give it a go.

How about:

1/ Do you know that Australia does not take kindly to adulterous marriages?
2/ Do you know that Australia does not allow wife beating? (No change needed there.)
3/ Do you know that Australian law prohibits sexual abuse of children? (No change needed there either.)
4/ Can you condemn outright as sexual abuse, the act of a 50+ old man pouring over digital photos of a child of 9?

Am I on the right track (so to speak)?...

On another thread, you recommend a daily reading of the Bible. I'll read more of the Bible if you read one or more of:

* Ki Meekins, "Red Tape Rape" which reveals the systemic sexual abuse of children by high-powered pillars of the Adelaide establishment or
* Diana Georgeff's "Delinquent Angel" which recounts the exploitation of toddlers by the dysfunctional Melbourne branch of the wealthy, high-profile Darrell Lea family (the same family that has just copped a $120,000 fine for breach of IR laws involving placing vulnerable young workers under duress; or
* The Mullighan Report Commission of Inquiry into Children in State Care in SA http://www.service.sa.gov.au/ContentPages/sagovt/mullighaninquiry.aspx

Then you can come back and tell me about the wondrous cultural practices of Anglo-Christians.
Posted by Spikey, Wednesday, 27 August 2008 6:27:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy