The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Enoch Powell.. Much more to be said

Enoch Powell.. Much more to be said

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Polycarp,
In essence Powell although a brilliant orator he was when viewed in context a man of his time. (When God was still believed to be an English man). His semantical argument is indeed sophistry. it gave the 'intellectualized' basis for Apathism.
If he were a live he would be rightly accused as being out of touch and an eloquent bigot. Not in touch with the realities of globalization.
Keep in mind he was pre the EU and by his rationale England would be in more survival hot water today than they are.

As a principle for anti immigration and therefore somehow diminishes supernationalist conflict it fails miserably. Conflict is based on perceived differences and is relative.
The UK today has issues of conflict between the Scots, Irish, Welsh and between regions within England all wanting to individualize.

Looking more closely the rivalry in Scotland extends to Catholics V Protestants and still generates conflict. Interestingly this conflict tends to be most evident between those of the lower sociological stratus. There are interesting papers on the sociological need for exclusivity in belonging and social improvement opportunities V exclusionary (defensive) rationale.

If Australia were to stop all migration deport all not whites we would simply generate conflict on smaller identity groups.
I've know of culturally based violence between extreme violence between WASPs from Collingwood and St Kilda.

Therefore stating that there would be racial conflict in a sociologically imbalanced UK is a no brainer and true sophism and irrelevant in 2008.

A new justification for fear and intolerance is needed.
Posted by examinator, Tuesday, 5 August 2008 2:01:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So Powell was admirably qualified to comment on history as he saw it.

One has to wonder why?.. if.. in the words of one commentator, on the weekend of his speech he would have been elected party leader by a landslide, and Prime minister by an even greater landslide.. -what happened to alter the this natural and understandable and desired course of history?

From my observations there were a number of factors.

1/ The party machine deliberately decided to bring him down even though the popular party faithful adored him.
2/ The Left and Immigrant communities quickly organized and haunted his every public appearance.

So, it was not by the will of the people that Powell was brought down.. but by the insidious will of very vested and evil interests which saw him as a danger to whatever they were trying to achieve in the country for their own selfish benefit. Such monsters will have their place in history.... as the voice of Powell 'reverberates' from the wildnerness of political exclusion.... and rides triumphantly into the new “Jerusalem” and they are consigned to the scrap heap of human waste by name if not in person. 2m:52s in the vid. Check out the look on his face.. pure quiet relaxed confidence :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LKHAkpv22o

THEREFORE.... given that Powell had:

-Massive Popularity
-Broad based support (from Unions and others)

It stands to reason that a major cultural crime against humanity has been perpetrated by the machievellian machinations of the Tory Party inner workings in flagrant opposition to the popular will, and that the only thing needed to rectify such a grievous outrage against English people... is that they become organized.
I believe this is happening now.

MULTICULTURALISM FAILED
at 6:12 in the video.. the words “anger in immigrant communities” is used about Marggie Thatchers reference to the fears of the English. Question.....why are there 'immigrant' communities rather than 'the community' ? The answer is obvious.. the racist self separation of immigrants from the mainstream, based on feelings of superiority?
Immigrant complaints
-No jobs (why_let_them_in_then?)
-Harsh Policing.(Don't_commit_crime?)
Posted by Polycarp, Tuesday, 5 August 2008 2:15:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And yet polycarp, still no reason given for why you couldn't continue this on the other thread - unless of course, the other thread had its run and people stopped listening, but you decided you weren't finished pushing this wheelbarrow and wanted to start a new one.

In future, bear in mind it's more polite to keep to a thread, instead of using spamming tactics to keep your agenda running.

I don't have an issue with you continuing your crusade even though I disagree. I dislike this way of going about it however.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Tuesday, 5 August 2008 2:22:59 PM
That may be so, Boaz.

>>HIS POINT... Was..that 'uncontrolled' immigration would lead to much racial strife...and.. it did.<<

This is yet another of your trips down "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" lane, Boaz, as you should by now be able to recognize.

Powell knew very well, as does every politician, that if you set up a stalking horse beforehand, when the event you are predicting occurs - for whatever reason - you can say "I told you so"

My point is that Powell was himself a significant contributing factor to the racial strife. His effort fanned the embers of xenophobia, and continued for many years to nurture the consequent flames of envy and hatred.

>>whether Powell was a racist.. I don't believe him to be so, that's my opinion..and my opinion is based on the evidence<<

Your evidence is a blind acceptance of Powell's own apologia. That isn't evidence upon which an acquittal necessarily follows

There is no shortage of examples where neighbours can't get on. Ireland. The-countries-that-used-to-form-Yugoslavia. Rwanda. In each case, there is an argument that says "it is because they are neighbours that the strife is inevitable".

There is an equally compelling argument that says until and unless someone stands up on their soap-box and exhorts one side or the other to violence, they will tend to muddle along.

Which is exactly why I keep coming back to the same conclusion, Boaz.

You are a stirrer, a fear-monger and a rabble-rouser, along exactly the same lines as Mosley and Powell.

Not as smart, as I mentioned before. But with the same emotional blindness to the fear and hatred that you stir up. Theirs in the name of politics. Yours in the name of religion.

And please, if you are going to use examples, please get your facts right.

>>Pericles ancestors came as Anglo Saxons (?) and took the land.. driving the Celts into the Western corner of England<<

The Celts invaded the British Isles and Ireland from mainland Europe between 2000 and 1200BC. They were gradually overrun by the Romans - the Anglo Saxons came later, I'm afraid.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 5 August 2008 2:26:03 PM
Enoch was right Part 3 contains the clear confession of the abject failure of MC by its own architech..... and promoter.

ARCHITECT: Roy Jenkins "Immigrants no longer need to integrate, they may keep their own values"

PROMOTER: Lord Lester of the 'Racial Equality Commission'

After 7/7..both expressed dismay at where MC had led Britain.

see it at 7:20 in the video below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp2lorGQV0o&feature=related

Lord Lester:

"MC has left Britain sleepwalking toward segregation"

"We expected people to embrace democracy and the shared value of being British"

"What we did NOT expect...were unwise calls for sharia law etc"

ROY JENKINS at the end of his life also uttered dismay about where it had lead the country.

Now..we have:
1/ The prophetic call of Powell
2/ The convicing record of history.
3/ The confessions of the MC angels of darkness

We can now revisit the issue and begin all over but THIS time.. get it right.

EXAMINATOR... if ur in Melbourne we should hook up some time.. I'm most interested in your views about the Collingwood and St Kilda thing.

Please understand something.....

I am not against "all immigration" nor am I for deporting people here.
(unless they play up and are non citizens)
I am "for" controlled immigration which reflects our national and cultural interest....
Though as I look at our water levels this year.. I am tempted to be agin all immigration on the basis of 'not enough water' alone.
Posted by Polycarp, Tuesday, 5 August 2008 2:29:15 PM
DAVID Polycarp

You reveal the essential difference between Enoch Powell and Adolf Hitler. Powell could not take his political party with him, Hitler could and did. Whereas Hitler led his party, his country and the world to disaster, Powell fell quickly into obscurity (so much for his adoring flock!)

That's it really.

Now go away and take your evil and insidious racist ideas with you back to the swamp.
Posted by Spikey, Tuesday, 5 August 2008 3:52:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy