The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Problems with 'Human Rights'

Problems with 'Human Rights'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All
Dear Boazy,

Can you remember when you were a kid and you'd lie in the grass on your back and watch the clouds scud above you and you'd dream of what you were going to be when you grew up?

Well, what happened?
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 4 February 2008 1:27:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BOAZ_David,

The Communist party was not successfully banned

Parliament passed a Bill to ban it.

Our High Court knocked the Legislation as unlawful.

The Referenda was so the law would be accepted by the High Court.

The People of Australia rejected the proposal.

The People were right, clearly one of our countries better moments ;-)

Do not support any totalitarians whatever their camoflage
Posted by polpak, Monday, 4 February 2008 1:46:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
With the exception of Gibo's nonsense, the above responses pretty well have Boazy's latest rant covered.

I always find it amusing when OLO's most prolific bigot starts raving on against human rights - you watch, he'll follow it up with some drivel about the need for universal Christian repentance within a day or two.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 4 February 2008 2:36:45 PM
THE REAL TITLE...of this thread was...

THE ENEMY OF AUSTRALIA.. HUMAN RIGHTS GROUPS.... :)

Words to that effect.

Did you notice the categories ? the Primary point I'm trying to make here.. is this..

'WHO'S RIGHTS RULE'?

Here is an interesting article which claims the same thing... from Londonistan.

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.auburn.nsw.gov.au/uploadedImages/AuburnWeb/Council/Tom-Ireika.jpg&imgrefurl=http://pcwatch.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html&h=200&w=150&sz=7&hl=en&start=11&um=1&tbnid=Lg1IyZeQWqyq-M:&tbnh=104&tbnw=78&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsydney%2Blebanese%2Bmuslim%2Bthugs%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

It seems to me...that the issue of 'rights' is one sided, and is nothing more than a ploy.. a tool of leftist political interests to achieve a breakdown of existing social structures for political gain.

Lets put another question..

WHEN 2 SETS OF RIGHTS CONFLICT.. WHO'S RIGHTS RULE ?

Now..lets say the 2 sets of 'rights' are the national culture and law of the land. verses 'rights to practice religion' in a way which is contrary to those laws.

Common sense says "The host countries laws and culture prevail"

and if that WAS the case..then this thread would never have been started by me....

But because it is NOT the case... hence this thread.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 4 February 2008 5:43:56 PM
TRTL... you make the most sense among the 'anti' BD crowd :) so I'll respond to you.

Quite correct as far as it goes..when you speak of human rights and China etc.. the right to vote etc...

I don't have a quarrel with basic freedoms.

I DO have a quarrel with the USE of political constructs which are packaged as 'rights'... erode and destroy mine.

Any 'rights' which prevents me criticizing other belief systems, OR.. they criticizing mine.. is not 'rights' it is oppression.

If I want to say The Children of God cult permits sexual use of pre-pubescent children in 'marraiges' by old men'... and can argue this forcefully,

then..I want the right to SHOUT about these disgusting values which lay dormant in this religion awaiting the political opportunity to emerge like some slithering creature from the dark.

I do NOT want some freak lawyer, or leftist PCer to come along and say "Truth is not a defense.. you are vilifying a religion"

If it was a matter of the funny hats they wear.. ok.. no problem. shut me up for trivial idiocy, if it is about some dot on their forehead (Hindu's) then sure.. shove me off into the corner and put a dunces hat on me...
If I whine about their 'accent'.. then shove a brick sideways up my *beeep* and tell me I'm a racist moron....

BUT.. when it comes to institutionalized child abuse... I rather think I have the high moral ground.

So.. to all my critics there..
1/ DO YOU SUPPORT THEOLOGICALLY BASED CHILD ABUSE ?
2/ Are you comfortable for such values to grow unchallenged in the midst of our society?

Simple questions.. requiring YES....or NO answer..

I'll await the responses.

PS... INadmissable responses are..

a) "Oh but what about all those 'Christian'priests etc who abused little defenseless children"...

(It's inadmissable because such abuse is CONTRARY to the teaching of Christ.)

b) "You don't know what ur talking about" (sorry..I do)

c) "you are an idiot" :) err.. maybe in some things but not this.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 4 February 2008 6:01:40 PM
Ahhh CK Morgan.
Whats wrong with BOAZ_David mentioning universal Christian repentence?
Its whats needed. Havent you noticed the world is morally falling to pieces.
We grab it soon... or God Will for us... the hard way. He says its going to be the hard way.
As for my nonsense about enemies and national defence, most of you guys really need to gear up in your minds and hearts for the invader I spoke so many times about. China dont build for nothing. And there probably will be no USA in those days, so you can forget that.
If youre not already 75-80 years old, everyone last one of you is going to stand in a front line foxhole somewhere on Australian soil before its all over. Those prophecies and visions arent false. Ive studied them sicne 1989 and am still looking for more.
Not one of you will escape national service when the enemy comes down over the horizon.
I just hope you petitioned before hand, the PM for more than broomhandles. Thats all he's got in 2008 to give to the common folks.
Posted by Gibo, Monday, 4 February 2008 7:02:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy