The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Did Kevin Rudd buy Free Range Ham and Turkey for Christmass? If Not Why Not?

Did Kevin Rudd buy Free Range Ham and Turkey for Christmass? If Not Why Not?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
As the new Leader for this Nation we would like to know what type of example Mr Rudd is going to set.
Is he going to be like the many other Christians we have seen in the past and turn his back on the unforgiverable suffering of millions of factory farmed and intensive farmed Animals in this country.?
We all saw John Howard run the Steve Irwin for cover when the peak of the Coromo express was aired on 60 minutes.
Somehow He thought sitting at the Zoo nursing Bindi would take some of the heat out of his neglect of Animals.
" Strange to me it highlighted it"
Is PM Rudd going to be any different?
Or is he going to hide behind the Church Hymes too?

John Howard also saw nothing wrong with one of his team "Amada" having shares in the piggery that was exposed by the wonderful efforts of Animal Liberation.
Will PM Rudd assure the public he wont tolerate this?

Ok its Christmass- How may of you thought about where your pork came from?

We must face the fact that pigs are kept in the most mentally cruel and physical conditions where they cant even trun around.
Where they stand there screaming and chewing at the metal bars- Slowly going mad.

I Know this is not what God Intended for his Animal Kingdom.

Enjoy your Christmass everybody but please remember to write Mr PM Rudd and let him know we expect Intensive farming replaced by FREE RANGE for All Animals.

A nation Can Be judge by its treatment of Animals Mr Rudd
Gandi
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 26 December 2007 8:44:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
why stop there, demand hand-made tofu as well!
Posted by DEMOS, Wednesday, 26 December 2007 1:28:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pale

A nation which tortures its animals has no future.

The rampant plague of inhumanity inflicted on animals is endorsed by our members of parliament and this will continue until the last miserable chicken, the last goat, the last camel, and the last sheep and cattle are tortured beyond belief and slaughtered for our pleasure.

And our citizens appear oblivious to the diseases now rampant in intensively farmed animals where man must continue to deal with current and emerging zoonotic outbreaks of lethal inflictions passed from animals to humans.

This is absurd since man has neither metaphysical justification nor essential connection to the universe. He is part of no divine scheme and, since he is mortal, all of his heinous actions, individual and collective will eventually lead to his demise.

The moral and physical demise of humans has been hastened by the silence of good men who do nothing and remain mute when they witness the following abomination of man's barbaric treatment of other species which will continue to contribute significantly to the environmental destruction of this already fragile planet:

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=meet_your_meat&Player=flv
Posted by dickie, Wednesday, 26 December 2007 1:29:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dickie
The meat Industry which also drives live exports for trade deals has been put in place by Bush and the USA.

Packer and others had a hand in establishing much of this utter shame.

To be perfectly honest it was a complicated mess.

Even Vaile Downer and Howard would have had difficulty unravelling it "if" they had wanted to - or cared which they didnt.

There have been more deals done and done deals put together over the last twenty years off these Animals backs and mostly its had rather little to do with providing meat!

Now as we start to watch the USA slide and Bush topple is the "perfect" time for Rudd to act.

Although most Australians are unaware of where disease comes from and virus such as bird flue overseas "are" aware.

They are very interested in Australias Free Green disease nil farms.

That makes Kevin Rudds jobs easy to send his Minister for Trade Austrade, MLA reps to talk with live importers to give them the first oportunity to re establish their plants with Aussie Farmers and partners.

Farmers Federations and other organisations have addmitted they have had enquires from Maylasia and other people asking to meet with farmers direct to discuss reopening plants to stop live exports and provide healthy meat.

They simly WONT pass the information onto farmers!

They are totally driven by behind the Vaile - You scratch my back and I will grease your palm deals.

This is protected and eforced by the Governments.

Worst of all its protected by the media. SHAME ON THEM.

However- NOW is the perfect time for the new PM Kevin Rudd to show leadership provide employement in regional areas and some common decency towards our Australian Farm Animals.

We will be suggesting he meet with people who WOULD promote share farms and abattoirs with Aussie Farmers and he will be expected to provide incentives.
The same amount at very least provided to the cruel live exporters and Instensive Farmers.

Just give free range farmers the SAME support as Live Shipping agents get PM Rud
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 26 December 2007 7:10:45 PM
Hi all
I think we can get a fair indication of where Kevin Rudd stands on animal welfare by his summarily shafting Senator Kerry O'Brien with indecent haste after he threatened the live export trade on "Landline" just before the election. Senator O'Brien made some pretty clear statements to begin with, then started to back away when the usual squealing started from the farmers. Now we've got another brainwashed idiot to deal with. I'm glad I didn't trust them,. and voted Green.
Nicky
Posted by Nicky, Wednesday, 26 December 2007 11:24:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A huge grin this thread!
Female debating style you know switch the subject never refer to the real issues blame every one.
Are we to believe the nations future depends of free range eggs and such?
My turkey, well it was chooks in fact like most came via mass production as did the hams.
Makes me evil? my country lead by a dreadful man?
I do not think the thread does anything for animal welfare.
Now I am concerned about the beer! was the grain used treated fairly?
Tasted ok but you never know!
I truly do not think some serve animal welfare but make a good course laughable.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 27 December 2007 4:48:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy